Tron Legacy Costume

Sadly, no. Things came up that weekend and I was busy. However, I'm free this weekend. Hopefully the costume will be mostly complete. I plan to take pictures, as well as video to show how well I can move (and the suit lighting up and so forth). Plus the little surprise detail I plan to install into the helmet. C:

Sorry I didn't have an update. I forgot to log on here and fix my post.

Sadly, no. Things came up that weekend and I was busy. However, I'm free this weekend. Hopefully the costume will be mostly complete. I plan to take pictures, as well as video to show how well I can move (and the suit lighting up and so forth). Plus the little surprise detail I plan to install into the helmet. C:

Looking forward to the update!

No worries! I look forward to seeing how your efforts have turned out! :thumbsup

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/079/d/0/r_i_n_z_l_e_r_by_petitealtesse-d4tfpxm.png

Not a big update. Got a few small things done: glued down areas that needed it and rewired some of the lights.

Still need to finish the arms (working on them now), paint the arms, finish painting the legs, finish putting the helmet together (glue it, add padding and lights), finish adding minor details (like the hexagons and extra garters around the crotch) and recolor the hand/butt lights.

Anyone know how I can make the hands more orange? I thought about a light coat of paint or colored tissue paper (though that might rip).

Also here is a video of me in the costume. My fiancee is the one talking/filming.
Rinzler Costume: Almost Done - YouTube

That is looking very cool :thumbsup

You could use stage lighting gels for the fingers. They come in a massive range of colours and will flex without tearing for a lot longer than tissue paper. Easy to cut to shape as well.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/079/d/0/r_i_n_z_l_e_r_by_petitealtesse-d4tfpxm.png

Not a big update. Got a few small things done: glued down areas that needed it and rewired some of the lights.

Still need to finish the arms (working on them now), paint the arms, finish painting the legs, finish putting the helmet together (glue it, add padding and lights), finish adding minor details (like the hexagons and extra garters around the crotch) and recolor the hand/butt lights.

Anyone know how I can make the hands more orange? I thought about a light coat of paint or colored tissue paper (though that might rip).

Also here is a video of me in the costume. My fiancee is the one talking/filming.
Rinzler Costume: Almost Done - YouTube

AWESOME!

Thank you guys so much!

And thank you, Canobi, for the tips! We have a local theatrical store. I'll see if they have the gels. If not I should be able to order some in time for the convention.

Thank you all again! I'm really glad you guys like it. C:

He's done! (Minus the helmet lights and other crotch... garter things. lol Those will be on there.) Con is in 8 days! I'll have some shots to show you all after the con. For now, this is the last update until then.

Sadly the hands, and butt lights, will not light up. The wiring is so fragile that I can't bend my fingers or sit, so we just decided to leave them as is. Besides, the glow yellow. lol They still stand out rather well for not being lit up.

rinzler_costume__completed_by_petitealtesse-d4ucyuh.png

There is also a new video:
Rinzler Costume: Completed - YouTube

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back