Tron Legacy Costume

He's done! (Minus the helmet lights and other crotch... garter things. lol Those will be on there.) Con is in 8 days! I'll have some shots to show you all after the con. For now, this is the last update until then.

Sadly the hands, and butt lights, will not light up. The wiring is so fragile that I can't bend my fingers or sit, so we just decided to leave them as is. Besides, the glow yellow. lol They still stand out rather well for not being lit up.

rinzler_costume__completed_by_petitealtesse-d4ucyuh.png

There is also a new video:
Rinzler Costume: Completed - YouTube

Fantastic job!

I just got an update on the Tron Lives Facebook page, it was this very picture of you. Nice one :thumbsup

Just finished two more Rinzler discs for a client.

Decided to do some poses with them. The discs and disc lighting is real, but the lights on the costume have been photoshopped. I'm just wearing a plain black motorcycle suit.

Rinz1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! You are really good at photo shop! I thought all of those lights on your motorcycle suit were real. That's amazing! I can never figure out how to make lines/areas look like they're glowing when I color my drawings.

Awesome discs. I love how bright they are. I think my fiancee was going to order a kit or something from you. Your username sounds familiar.

Last edited:
Say goodbye to ElecTRONica Programs. Disney's Tron themed night time event that many of us RPF members have enjoyed since its opening in October 2010 is coming to its EOL this weekend. Just two more nights left to enjoy The Grid at DCA.

A bunch of the Tron fans will be there the final day this Sunday April 15th to party on the Grid one last time. I'm planning to wear my Quorra costume (crosses fingers I'll get in!) come in costume at your own risk! It's the last one so, I gotta do it ;)

Hope to see lots of the RPF members there Sunday! :D

So sad ElecTRONica is coming to an end. My visits to Disney will never be the same. Fun memories!!

I'm so sad that they're closing it down. I never got the chance to go. I was hoping it would still be there in time for my honeymoon in the fall.

Well, hopefully (when Tron 3 comes out) they'll bring it back. Either because of the next film or because of the fans. That's how the Jack and Sally face characters got to return every Halloween (and there was a petition to keep ElecTRONica).

Until then... it will be greatly missed.

I honestly don't think the Mad Tea Party will do better than ElecTRONica. ;D

petitealtesse your costume turned out so amazing!!! Love every part of it! Especially your helmet! I can imagine how much work went into it. I hope to one day make my Quorra helmet. I have the Pep file for it too.

petitealtesse your costume turned out so amazing!!! Love every part of it! Especially your helmet! I can imagine how much work went into it. I hope to one day make my Quorra helmet. I have the Pep file for it too.

Thank you so much!

Actually,I can't take all the credit in regards to the helmet. It was made by Art Funk. He sent us an incomplete kit where the entire base was made of resin, visor and all, as well as a plastic visor that we would have to install ourselves. My fiancee had to cut out the resin so that the plastic would fit onto the base. We thought that would be all that we had to do for the helmet, but it turned out to be HUGE on me. My fiancee ended up taking it in about 50% so that it would fit me. We think it was made for a man's head. I'm petite (5ft 4in) and super tiny. lol

If you would like to talk to him about making a Quorra helmet I believe he has an account on here. Otherwise I know he has a facebook. He's currently working on a Thomas (Daft Punk) helmet. He does great work! Otherwise, good luck to you in making it! I can't wait to see that!

PetiteAltesse, your costume looks awesome! I've been following your updates here and all your hard work has paid off! What a fantastic costume! Great job! :)

By the way, I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but here's the new teaser for the upcoming "TRON: Uprising" animated series beginning in June 2012 on Disney XD:

New TRON: UPRISING Preview Footage -- TV Series Debuts June 2012 - YouTube

I thought it might present a few more cool ideas and interesting possibilities about TRON-related costumes that people might want to undertake in the future.

Thank you so much. C:

Yes! I saw the trailer! I was a bit weary about the series, mostly due to it being run by Disney Channel. They tend to do a bad job with television series based on movies. However, the trailer for the show looks amazing and my hopes are being raised the more information comes out.

I lie your idea about costumes too.

Hey guys,
Completely re-did my Sam suit for the C2E2 convention this last weekend.
Turned out ok, but there's definitely some things I could have done better.
Lemme know what you think!

It looks pretty good to me. The chest portion looks really great! The whole ensemble looks pretty clean. What did you use for boots?

I think it looks great! The only thing I would critique is the knees since the EL Tape isn't staying down, but that seems to be an issue with most costumes than need EL Tape. I've seen a few Quorra costumes that had that sort of issue with their arms. I've ever used it before so I don't know how to apply it/any tips or tricks to help with that. I wouldn't worry about it though. It looks fantastic!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back