TNG Ready Room Enterprise Painting Dimensions?

I'm sorry if I'm your cheerleader, but I really appreciate your sharing the process on this. The airbrushed windows look great. Did you also use the airbrush for the starfield/nebulas? What kind of razor pen are you using? Sounds like a useful tool.

I'm sorry if I'm your cheerleader, but I really appreciate your sharing the process on this. The airbrushed windows look great. Did you also use the airbrush for the starfield/nebulas? What kind of razor pen are you using? Sounds like a useful tool.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

The star field and nebulas were a combination of paint brush, toothbrush (for splattering stars on the canvas) and airbrush. Looking at the high-res pics earlier in the thread, it looks like a lot of the detail is added using a mostly dry brush touching the bristle tips to the canvas. I did layers of different colors to get the combination of colors I was looking for.

I'm videoing the entire build as I go, so will hopefully have something to share when the painting is complete.

Second window template made for the lighted windows and applied to the Enterprise.
IMG_0710.jpeg
IMG_0711.jpeg
IMG_0714.jpeg
IMG_0715.jpeg

The painting is BEAUTIFUL. Came out awesome!! Do you know where you're going to display it?
Thank you! You've made my day.

I'm hanging it in my office above my couch (which bears a passing resemblance to Picard's couch).

I finished the custom inner frame (still need to do the outer frame) and temporarily hung it in my office.
IMG_0796.jpeg

IMG_0801.jpeg

Just for giggles, here's a couple of my pics against the original....
1706807570423.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg

1706807694632.png
IMG_0805.jpeg

High Res photo I used for reference
TNG - Ready Room Painting - Vivid.jpeg
Final Enterprise Painting with Frame.jpg

I think my final result has a passing resemblance to the original, but I've definitely hit the limit of my (current) talent level. Interesting that the original does not appear to be painted on a stretched canvas (sometimes my canvas's weave worked to my detriment -made it hard to get to the level of detail I wanted). The project was a great learning process and I'd definitely approach the painting differently if I was to do another one.

I'll post some final pics when I get the outer frame completed and hung.

...and yes, I know the wall needs a lot of hole repair and repaint --all the scars of the different items I've hung and taken down over the last couple of years ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back