Star Trek: TNG MkVII Science Tricorder Build

That’s good stuff!

HMS Mike is a member here and pretty active on social media. He had a hand in the original props along with the Rodd.com kit. Might be worth hitting him up to see if he has any of the screen slides, if you’re still looking…

Great thread! Makes me want to attack my Rodd.com kits that I have in storage!

Sean

That’s good stuff!

HMS Mike is a member here and pretty active on social media. He had a hand in the original props along with the Rodd.com kit. Might be worth hitting him up to see if he has any of the screen slides, if you’re still looking…

Great thread! Makes me want to attack my Rodd.com kits that I have in storage!

Sean
That's a good idea, Sean! I can connect w/him on Facebook too as he's a regular poster on the Star Trek Prop Enthusiasts Group. I think I've got enough slides to cover my personal builds, but then I'm spent. It's on my to-do list to produce my own accurate versions at some point. It's just a question of time.

I'd love to see a build thread for yours! It definitely feels great to be able to pick up an accurate MkVII whenever you want. :)

Not sure on the shells, been too many years to remember. I did do a set of shells many moons ago that my buddy Koby Bennet and I sculpted.
Mostly just build ups were done but I did sell some vac kits to friends. When you built up both of your kits did the petg plastic seem to have
the same thickness?

Not sure on the shells, been too many years to remember. I did do a set of shells many moons ago that my buddy Koby Bennet and I sculpted.
Mostly just build ups were done but I did sell some vac kits to friends. When you built up both of your kits did the petg plastic seem to have
the same thickness?
Nicksdad That's a good question. I'll take a look at the thicknesses of the material on both tomorrow and maybe throw a caliper on them. I can tell you that the built dimensions for this Tricorder are taller and a little narrower (when closed) than the Roddenberry version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back