TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **SHELLS **

Haha would never ask for them to be given away. I will be on the short list, with cash, when they are sold.
:D Sounds good to me
Looking awesome!!!
Thanks bud!

Thanks!

Did some paint testing on the shells. Not sure if I'm set with this color but thought I would share.

Without flash (Iphone)
file_zps52d06353.jpg

With Flash (iphone)
file_zps4869827e.jpg

Let me know what you think! Repainting is a breeze.

Looks nice with the flash on. The color seems a bit lighter than the other turtles, but I think it will pop nicely when it is combined with the rest of the outfit.

Not sure why but when in person it is darker than both of the photos. So like you said, hopefully it looks good with the rest.

Just finished painting the other shells!
IMG_2155_zpseed34520.jpg

what is the the cost total for making one of these?

From scratch? At least 5,000. Probably more, but I'm trying to forget that :facepalm. The molds are expensive to build by themselves.

Anytime you mold something it always up the budget lol.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links outside of the Junkyard.

Interest thread is in the Junkyard.

Been a while since I checked the thread wow those shells evolved in a big way brilliant stuff

You continue to amaze me with your build.. You say you have not done this before. but I think not.. Very impressive..

I am look forward to seeing you in one of these and freinds in the other three. Hope you can post more photos soon.

Thanks Alpha!

Haven't made much head way lately on the turtles, I think its about time to push these turtles to completion!

I noticed something was a bit diffrent with your front shell than with the movies. I was looking through movie still and I think I know what it is.

TMNTI-BehindTheScenes08.jpg

The front shell in the movie tappers off higher and sharper than yours. Around the top of the hip down. Kind of a front thong effect to make the legs look longer.

Sorry I did not notice before.

How much dragonskin silicon do you use for one head? Do you use any particular dragon skin? I would think you use Dragon Skin 10 fast with the 75 min cure time and 8 min pot life.

How much dragonskin silicon do you use for one head? Do you use any particular dragon skin? I would think you use Dragon Skin 10 fast with the 75 min cure time and 8 min pot life.
Roughly 1/3 of a gallon for the head, a little less or more each time. Yes, it is Dragon Skin 10-fast.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back