TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Finished**

Fantastic work. I can't wait to see them all complete. You've got real talent here.

Very awesome!!!

i think the size of the pupils are good. i did a quick thing in photoshop, if they look close to this then you should be ok. do you agree?

Photoshop genius! They should be close to that image and now I'm excited. I placed the order with Jim at Tech-Optics and will be on the production line next week!

Looks like a Perfect Fitment to me :)
Agreed:thumbsup
Fantastic work. I can't wait to see them all complete. You've got real talent here.
Thanks and me either!

Just finished up LEO and ready to start molding DON to finish up the group!
SO MUCH WORK FOR EACH!!!
file_zps56d24fa0.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** LEO Ready 4 Paint**

Been Fun watching the thread and seeing how you are doing everything.

I noticed in the image where you were wearing the suit that the muscles tend to flatten out. Is the fit tight on you?

I was thinking putting some foam into some of the muscle areas might give it a bit more definition but not sure if you'd still be able to move naturally.

Very cool job.

didn't see it but what type of clay are you using?

I noticed in the image where you were wearing the suit that the muscles tend to flatten out. Is the fit tight on you?

I was thinking putting some foam into some of the muscle areas might give it a bit more definition but not sure if you'd still be able to move naturally.

Very cool job.

Thanks BCD. I wanted to add padding to the suit when I was wearing it, but decided comfort over looks. The silicone does a great job of keeping you warm. But there is room for some padding. Adding foam wouldn't work though because nothing wants to bond to silicone except for silicone for an odd reason.

The clay used is Chavant NSP Soft.

Very cool job.

years ago i was at a halloween convention and saw this silicone foam rubber (or something similar to it). they had a costume that looked like davey jones from pirates of the caribbean. there was a thin skin of slilicone back filled with this foam. casting a suit in this material may help prevent the suit from folding like a thick long sleeve shirt. maybe this could help you get more realistic, form fitting (and flexible) costumes?

Soma Foama® Silicone Foam Product Information | Smooth-On

i think it's supposed to bond to the silicone your using now. wait, what are you using now? i thought i remembered seeing some smooth on products in earlier pics.

years ago i was at a halloween convention and saw this silicone foam rubber (or something similar to it). they had a costume that looked like davey jones from pirates of the caribbean. there was a thin skin of slilicone back filled with this foam. casting a suit in this material may help prevent the suit from folding like a thick long sleeve shirt. maybe this could help you get more realistic, form fitting (and flexible) costumes?

Soma Foama® Silicone Foam Product Information | Smooth-On

i think it's supposed to bond to the silicone your using now. wait, what are you using now? i thought i remembered seeing some smooth on products in earlier pics.

Hmmm.... I asked a Smooth-on rep before about using any foams to back the silicone and was advised that adhession may not be the best. I may still look into it to add in the key areas. Thanks RM!

Just finished the silicone part of the mold and will add the plasti-paste shell tomorrow if the shipment arrives. Then I will be finished with molding and just have to cast out Don! The finish line for having all 4 turtles is now on the horizon!

file_zpsb002e14f.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Molding Don**

Dude I'd love one of your suits, are you doing the 4 to have as display pieces?

It would be nice to have four as a display piece but my house just doesn't have the capacity for that many turtles. So after I get a chance to take all the turtles out to either an event or maybe even a con, I will try to sell 3 of the 4. This would make the wife happy and I prolly owe it to her after this past year of a turtle mess around the house.

If you take all four to a con. Love to know which one. Would love to see all four in person.

Awesome work man how you do the texture on the sculpts? Im really wanting to make a costume

If you take all four to a con. Love to know which one. Would love to see all four in person.

Shooting to make the LoneStar Comic Con in March, but that will come down to whether Jacob (Jacobzking) is able to paint all of them in time. Don will be shipped to him this coming Monday!

Awesome work man how you do the texture on the sculpts? Im really wanting to make a costume

Thanks Josh!
The texture is all done with a stamp. Don't remember which kit it was in, but I bought many of my tools from here.
The Monster Makers Sculpting Tool Kits - 866-521-SPFX

Current Status:
-Don will be finished this weekend and shipped first thing Monday morning.
-If possible I will begin making the three other shells. (Should go quickly)
-The eyes are finished and currently in route! (Thanks again, TECH-OPTICS)
-Still need to find or build the twin katana and bo staff.
-Jacob is getting the pads made, and still need to build the needed belts and bandannas.

SOOOOO...... If Jacob is able to get Raph, Leo, & Don painted in the next 2 weeks it's a possibility to take these guys out to an event in Texas. Fingers crossed!

Wish us luck, Later RPF'ers!

UPDATE:

Don is ready for paint!
file_zps9fa85d92.jpg

file_zps15d7c493.jpg

I have the eyes ready to go as well. Soon as Jacob finishes the paint I'll be sure to put these bad boys in!
file_zpsa0c380d7.jpg

The eyes are darker than Mikey's with an opaque white.

This week I will make 3 sets of shells!
I also have a new harness to use inside them.
file_zps9802ecaf.jpg

Later RPF"ers!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **DON FINISHED **

Beautiful stuff. Caught Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 this morning on HDNet movie channel. Was very happy.

This is unreal. Wish you were local i would hire you to do my kids birthday.......VERY NICE WORK.

Beautiful stuff. Caught Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 this morning on HDNet movie channel. Was very happy.

Thanks bud. Can't beat a morning like that!

This is unreal. Wish you were local i would hire you to do my kids birthday.......VERY NICE WORK.

Thanks. I've actually had quite a few people ask that, but sadly I haven't been able to attend any yet.

UPDATE:

Things may have been quite on the thread, but I have been "shelling" out foam like crazy.

I just finished up making all the pieces for each shell set, and will spend this week putting the pieces together and painting.
IMG_2088_zps5881c474.jpg

After these are assembled and painted, it's pretty much all in Jacob's hands. He has all the turtles and just has to paint them up. GO JACOB GO!

I can't wait to get all four turtles together! Later RPF.

Re: TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **SHELLS **

I can't believe you make movie accurate turtles, that is too cool. It must have cost a lot of time and money. But they are works of art, great job!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back