Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

Hey scarlet, your Apron is almost done (just heart and ties, will be done today)
juat wanted to tell you if there are any problems regarding fit, ill be staying at the merriot, ill have my sewing machine and some extra fabric

so ill send it on monday along with my number so you can call me direct
kay^^

The apron just arrived in the post and looks beautiful!
Thanks so much!

I so wish i was going to the con to see you guys! Everyone's costumes are coming out so awesome! May not even be able to attend the tea party.:( Have a new venture going on that's been keeping me pretty busy.

Oh No!

well ill keep my fingers crossed for you
it would be cool if you can come ^^

Speaking of costumes
Pandas Mirana dress will be done tomorrow
we did a little wig and makeup test today, just for fun
heres her in her makeup
(not full, just the face for now, getting the base color right)
SDC10013.jpg

excuse the bit of hair peaking out under the wig
we just slipped it on didnt bother to pin her hair up
to much effort for just a test

now i must return to my tedious hand stitching
(if she doesn't love me for this ill be very disappointed XP)

Finished the Um shoes yesterday!
Thanks to whomever said to use E6000-it worked perfectly!

Left to do for Con:
Bandersnatch bandage, add a hook and eye closure, and 1 bit of hand tacking, and Um is done!

For Hatter just need to make gloves, and I may make him a new tie-if time permits :)

Finished the Um shoes yesterday!
Thanks to whomever said to use E6000-it worked perfectly!

Left to do for Con:
Bandersnatch bandage, add a hook and eye closure, and 1 bit of hand tacking, and Um is done!

For Hatter just need to make gloves, and I may make him a new tie-if time permits :)

Your shoes came out great!

Speaking of ties. I found a print at Joannes that is pretty close to the MH. Not exactly but the colors are definately there and is so much better than duin a custom print. BTW, anyone have or know where I can find a pattern for the tie itself? I don't plan to make it a tieable but a connect from the back style if that makes any sense.

As soon as I take pix I'll post it here. It's a Joannes exclusive $10- per yard.

i made mine
its real easy, for the bow you basicaly make a triangle with the base about as big as you want your tie
the you make another triangle the same size and stitch the bases together

then you cut off the point of the triangle so its as long as you want, and there you have the bow
for the part that wraps around you neck, measure how tall your collar is and make it about an inch bigger and then measure around your collar and add 2 inces for the velcro in the back

as for the tails measure to rectangles from the nape of your neck to your sternum
then give them points

then there you has pattern

Any larger shots of your Um dress? Am just beginning to do a group effort for my GF. Have a really good idea how we are going to build it just need to hunt the fabric down. What did you use for the striped organza?

View attachment 29459
View attachment 29460
View attachment 29461
View attachment 29462
View attachment 29464
View attachment 29463

My sheer was found in the clearance section of fabric.com a few months ago, and they have since sold out-it's drapery fabric.

It was for sure the hardest part to find :(

I've seen similar fabric in the fabric district in downtown L.A., but have been told that resource is now out of stock too.

If I see anything that would work, I'll post the find here.

I've been making some progress on my Red Queen finally.....the wig still has a lot of styling to do but the Petting Zoo dye worked like a charm!

34912_441088147989_581107989_6059434_3274375_n.jpg

I got a local rubber stamp company to make the pattern of the outer skirt in to three stamps for me. They screwed up on the inner stamps and made them a 1/4 of an inch smaller than I asked for. Now I can't decide if the scale of the X's looks off because of the size of the inner pattern or if it's because the scale of the X's is just too large. We tried to judge from pictures and the size of the manniquins hand etc......any thoughts? Either the X's need to be smaller or the centres need to be bigger. And....the way they mounted the centres makes it uber retarded to stamp with. I'm going to have to carefully remove it and change the position so I can get it to line up straight each time.

35128_440237457989_581107989_6034461_4606026_n.jpg

Yeah....a TON of work. Good thing I'm short and won't need as much fabric as some in the length.....hahaha I'm going to bring it to work to do a little each day at lunch. The scrapbooking Stamp-a-ma-jig that you can see part of in the picture is going to be a HUGE help to get the X's all lined up properly and will save me needing to dry out chalk lines.

Wow, that skirt's gonna look so nice. Good luck on your stamping quest*-*
And I can't wait to take pictures with you too Skarlett!!

Btw, hi y'all!
I'm Panda, Connor/SithsPadawan's Mirana ^-^
Just getting my two cents in I guess XP

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back