Action Costumes Debacle....

Executioner

Need everyone's opinion on this. I placed an order with Action Costumes for two of their Golden Edition Superman costumes. One regular and one Evil suit from Part 3. Order was placed August 8th. I asked them if they could make the color of the regular suit look close to Part 3. I was told I could pick the color myself and that they'd send me a color chart. They told me they would get to work on the Evil suit, both capes, and boots. Said regular delivery is about 30 days, but the color chart will delay it by 15 days. Ok fine, I understand.

I was given a date for when the color chart would arrive. That day came and went so I contacted them. Told me there was a problem making the chart but they were fixing the issue and would send it out soon. This time I received the color chart, which consisted of a hundred different tiny squares of color on a light blue fabric. Colors like red and yellow were included. I could barely tell a difference between some of the blues. I thought maybe I would have received 10 or so pieces of blue fabrics of various tones. I told them I was not expecting that and couldn't choose based on their chart. I messaged them with a picture of a suit they had posted and told them that color was fine. I was given a new date for delivery.

Needless to say, that time also came and went. Every time I asked them if the suits had shipped I was told it would be another 15 days and was given a story as to why. After about the 3rd time I was told it would be another 15 days I decided to open a case with PayPal. These suits were not cheap as many of you know. I had to protect my investment even though I knew they'd most likely come through, but there's a time limit on when you can file a claim.

I was told that they were working on getting them done to ship in time for PayPal's deadline. Oh I forgot to mention, one of the last reasons they told me for a delay was that the suits were finished but there were minor things that needed to be fixed. This would make me believe that they had already been constructed for the most part.

Well, here's the problem. They were delivered last week and I cant complain about the build quality or fitment, but the Evil suit has more of a cream color in the emblem and not a golden dark yellow as their pictures show online. When confronted with this I was told it was because they had to rush in order to ship them out. Even though I thought they were pretty much finished. The owner Mol is stating that they will replace the evil suit free of charge if I release the PayPal claim. What do you all think I should do? I will say, they're very friendly and always get back with me in a timely manner.

Here is a picture of my suit versus what they show online. The belt color looks to be close enough, its mainly the fabric in the chest emblem and cape. I already own an evil suit made by someone else that looks closer to the movie, its just that its too large for me. Figured I would be upgrading. Thank for your input!

Attachments

• 330309782_730298855424899_1326335047509177604_n.jpg
    330309782_730298855424899_1326335047509177604_n.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 385537122_321247954063914_5031541681665769630_n.jpg
    385537122_321247954063914_5031541681665769630_n.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 73
Just to let you know, if you release the PayPal claim, he doesn't have to do a thing. Once released, you can't start another one on the same purchase if he doesn't deliver.

In his defense, colours online can vary greatly, considering the colour gamut of his camera, and your monitor, not to mention lighting conditions and the jpeg compression of the file.

TazMan2000

I agree the lighting really messes with colors on costumes. BUT why not just replace the suit and then you remove the claim. Thats your bargaining chip so I’d hold out.

I agree it can look different online, but in person it doesn't look right to me. I feel like it should look closer to the belt yellow. His reason for me lifting the PayPal is that they are struggling with money and would not be able to afford the materials to make me another. I guess if I lift the claim and he doesn't come through I'll just make it known across the web that they don't hold their end of the agreement. Id be more concerned if they wanted me to send the suit back after lifting the claim. They basically told me I can keep the suit I have and they would make another and send it to me and only asked that I ship the cape back AFTER receiving the new one.

I will offer that I had my own issues with AC. When we weren’t able to reach a mutually-agreeable solution, I filed a PP claim. PP ended up ruling in AC’s favor as the item was custom made to my measurements.

Just want to caution you if you decide to go that route…I’m sure it’ll come down to who from PP gets your case, but that’s how things wound up for me…

Sean

I will offer that I had my own issues with AC. When we weren’t able to reach a mutually-agreeable solution, I filed a PP claim. PP ended up ruling in AC’s favor as the item was custom made to my measurements.

Just want to caution you if you decide to go that route…I’m sure it’ll come down to who from PP gets your case, but that’s how things wound up for me…

Sean
Thanks, I think I'll just release it and like I said, if they change their promise I'll caution others going forward.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back