Thoughts about The Matrix Trilogy

D3adrock

Hi, I'm newish here and I was thinking about The Matrix a couple days ago and I came up with what I thought was a funny idea in part inspired by the video by collegehumore of what if the matrix ran on windows xp, and it got me thinking. anyways heres my jumbled mess of thoughts, I hope it's ok to post them here. Let me know what y'all think!

My idea is that The matrix is based on an old computer system, like the ones that were still being used in 1999 when the first movie was made, people represent programs, the key-maker is keychain, agent smith is security like mcafee. The machines gave Neo his powers on purpose, the equivalent of giving someone admin privileges. They gave him these powers so that he could reboot the system. It is clear that when the movie takes place there are already many “glitches” in the system, a good way to get rid of glitches is to upgrade the software and to do that you need to reboot during which all the broken programs are either destroyed or remade which is established in the movie, this is smiths motivation for not wanting the machines to reboot, because he knows that he is a faulty program and will be deleted (you cant just have a program that starts randomly re-spawning), also like mcafee. The reason the machines are glitching so badly is because the humans on zion are forcefully removing humans and damaging the machines simultaneously, similar to how force ejecting or just pulling out a usb or disc will cause glitches on the system of a computer (maybe this is why the people on zion acted weird with the sweaty raves and what not: Error, please safely eject your human before removing it ). The machines figure that they have too many humans and it is causing the system to glitch so they agree with the humans on zion to a truce in exchange for humans to be freed as they wish in order to lighten their system load (think of not enough RAM) and also to stop the humans from their physical attacks on the machines giving the machines time to rebuild . But what will stop the zion humans from disconnecting all the people and making the machines lose their source of power? What the machines know and is established in the movies is that most humans can not be disconnected from the matrix, even by the official system because they cant handle it and will die, What the machines also know is that zion is too small for any large influx of new people. They wouldn't be able to handle any new people and the would soon realize it and stop freeing people or they would all die due to lack of resources, so it’s unlikely that the zionists would be freeing any number of people except for a few here and there, which the machines are ok with as it is a way to lighten the load and locate the individuals which already had a propensity to disconnect. The machines only benefit from getting rid of humans which might cause a disturbance in the matrix. Neo dies because he is not needed until the next reboot of which there have been six, so maybe this whole rebellion is planned by the machines as a regular systems maintenance and the reason that the machines need Neo is that he is the reboot.exe file they have created in order to reboot the system so they can upgrade since they can’t do it themselves. The reason the machines don’t destroy the zionists completely is because they need them, to free possible matrix escapees before they develop awareness and start causing problems. The machines most likely created the zionists by purposefully “freeing” the first human, although how one, or even a group of humans could create a refuge like zion is unknown which leads me to believe that the machines created zion as a prison for “awake” humans to service the system from time to time , and “the One” that they say reincarnated as Neo is just the newest version of reboot.exe and the machines want to keep the zionists thinking they have a hope of “winning” even though the machines could easily destroy them, (because there was pretty much an endless supply of robots) so that they keep preforming their regular duty of getting rid of bad human batteries (like checking for batteries that might develop a leak). Also I think the Merovingian is what we know him as, some old program that refuses to be deleted and has probably found some system exploits and remains in the system despite the reboot, perhaps he is a virus. The Oracle in my opinion is basically “Clippy” (“I see you are trying to determine if you are the chosen one, would you like some help with that?

Keep in mind this is all speculation and could all just be mindless blabbering of someone who didn't watch the movies closely enough. If so sorry. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to read your thoughts on the Matrix movies, but when my eyes encounter a massive wall of text, my brain just shuts down.
If you break it up into paragraphs, with spaces between them, it would be a lot easier for me to read.
And probably others, too - I know I'm not the only old man around here.
Thanks.

I actually found this to be an interesting take on it, so I decided to break down the wall a bit:

Hi, I'm newish here and I was thinking about The Matrix a couple days ago and I came up with what I thought was a funny idea in part inspired by the video by collegehumore of what if the matrix ran on windows xp, and it got me thinking. anyways heres my jumbled mess of thoughts, I hope it's ok to post them here. Let me know what y'all think!

My idea is that The matrix is based on an old computer system, like the ones that were still being used in 1999 when the first movie was made, people represent programs, the key-maker is keychain, agent smith is security like mcafee.

The machines gave Neo his powers on purpose, the equivalent of giving someone admin privileges.

They gave him these powers so that he could reboot the system. It is clear that when the movie takes place there are already many “glitches” in the system, a good way to get rid of glitches is to upgrade the software and to do that you need to reboot during which all the broken programs are either destroyed or remade which is established in the movie, this is smiths motivation for not wanting the machines to reboot, because he knows that he is a faulty program and will be deleted (you cant just have a program that starts randomly re-spawning), also like mcafee.

The reason the machines are glitching so badly is because the humans on zion are forcefully removing humans and damaging the machines simultaneously, similar to how force ejecting or just pulling out a usb or disc will cause glitches on the system of a computer (maybe this is why the people on zion acted weird with the sweaty raves and what not: Error, please safely eject your human before removing it ). The machines figure that they have too many humans and it is causing the system to glitch so they agree with the humans on zion to a truce in exchange for humans to be freed as they wish in order to lighten their system load (think of not enough RAM) and also to stop the humans from their physical attacks on the machines giving the machines time to rebuild .

But what will stop the zion humans from disconnecting all the people and making the machines lose their source of power? What the machines know and is established in the movies is that most humans can not be disconnected from the matrix, even by the official system because they cant handle it and will die, What the machines also know is that zion is too small for any large influx of new people. They wouldn't be able to handle any new people and the would soon realize it and stop freeing people or they would all die due to lack of resources, so it’s unlikely that the zionists would be freeing any number of people except for a few here and there, which the machines are ok with as it is a way to lighten the load and locate the individuals which already had a propensity to disconnect.

The machines only benefit from getting rid of humans which might cause a disturbance in the matrix. Neo dies because he is not needed until the next reboot of which there have been six, so maybe this whole rebellion is planned by the machines as a regular systems maintenance and the reason that the machines need Neo is that he is the reboot.exe file they have created in order to reboot the system so they can upgrade since they can’t do it themselves.

The reason the machines don’t destroy the zionists completely is because they need them, to free possible matrix escapees before they develop awareness and start causing problems. The machines most likely created the zionists by purposefully “freeing” the first human, although how one, or even a group of humans could create a refuge like zion is unknown which leads me to believe that the machines created zion as a prison for “awake” humans to service the system from time to time , and “the One” that they say reincarnated as Neo is just the newest version of reboot.exe and the machines want to keep the zionists thinking they have a hope of “winning” even though the machines could easily destroy them, (because there was pretty much an endless supply of robots) so that they keep preforming their regular duty of getting rid of bad human batteries (like checking for batteries that might develop a leak).

Also I think the Merovingian is what we know him as, some old program that refuses to be deleted and has probably found some system exploits and remains in the system despite the reboot, perhaps he is a virus. The Oracle in my opinion is basically “Clippy” (“I see you are trying to determine if you are the chosen one, would you like some help with that?

Keep in mind this is all speculation and could all just be mindless blabbering of someone who didn't watch the movies closely enough. If so sorry. What do you think?

cool take on it. Actually makes me like part 2 and 3 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually makes sense that the machines do occasional purges of the trouble makers and even have hand in it. It also explains why they gave up so easily at the end of the last movie, they got what they wanted until the next purge is needed.

people always think im weird when i say this but i loved the second one. i think even more then the first, the 3rd one was alright, i love the logos case scene running down all the abandon tunnels..

my theory behind the whole film was in the second film where we saw neo use his powers in the real world. i figured the real world was just another matrix, in 3 when we learned he was some kind of incarnation of ******... kinda made me feel different about the entire trilogy

I LOVE THE TRAIN MAN!

Sorry everyone about the text (guess I still need more english classes) ,Thanks AJtaliesen for that break down. Should I edit it now or just leave it? I could always just use ajtaliesens edit (would that technically be plagiarism?) you guys let me know.

people always think im weird when i say this but i loved the second one. i think even more then the first, the 3rd one was alright, i love the logos case scene running down all the abandon tunnels..

my theory behind the whole film was in the second film where we saw neo use his powers in the real world. i figured the real world was just another matrix, in 3 when we learned he was some kind of incarnation of ******... kinda made me feel different about the entire trilogy

I LOVE THE TRAIN MAN!
I also liked the second movie, I thought it was cool, not totally necessary but cool, the only scene I reallllly hated was the fight scene with agent Smith in the park, It just looked so fake it made me embarrassed to watch. Ironically I read it was the most expensive fight scene ever filmed at 40 million. My take on when the machines started to react to Neo outside the matrix was that the machines were just obeying what Neo wanted because it was to maintain his whole image as the chosen one to the people watching, sort of a simple ego boost so he would still preform his duties.

When Neo used his power in the "real" world to stop the sentinel after their ship crashed in the service tunnel, I immediately thought it was another level of the Matrix, and he was still plugged in some place. The "Real world" was another matrix Neo was trapped in, another version that was believable to those who were living in it. I truly believed that the 3rd movie would reveal this on some level, and and Neo would achieve a certain "enlightenment" in what everyone thought was the real world and at the very end we would see what was really going on.

When Neo used his power in the "real" world to stop the sentinel after their ship crashed in the service tunnel, I immediately thought it was another level of the Matrix, and he was still plugged in some place. The "Real world" was another matrix Neo was trapped in, another version that was believable to those who were living in it. I truly believed that the 3rd movie would reveal this on some level, and and Neo would achieve a certain "enlightenment" in what everyone thought was the real world and at the very end we would see what was really going on.
But then the Wachowski brothers were like "Naw, he's just cyber *****".

I like your theory.
It does not, however, change my opinions of Matrix 2 and 3. :)
Nor was it my intention to. It is my opinion that a bad movie can't be saved by a fan theory, no matter how good.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest my favorite thing about the Matrix trilogy was how it brought to the mainstream the idea of false reality, and also how it made trench coats with sunglasses cool.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back