THE WOLFMAN Cane from Factory Entertainment is back

My cane FINALLY got delivered today. I didn't have any issue with the tissue paper sticking. I don't know who inspector M-506 is, but they might have inspected the plaque for typos. And I'm ASSUMING they mounted the hanging pegs on the round plaque off-center as the shape of the head makes it tricky to hang. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 20220920_183616.jpg
    20220920_183616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20220920_184519.jpg
    20220920_184519.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 20220920_184206.jpg
    20220920_184206.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220920_183805.jpg
    20220920_183805.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 20220920_183755.jpg
    20220920_183755.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20220920_183741.jpg
    20220920_183741.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 20220920_183731.jpg
    20220920_183731.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • 20220920_183719.jpg
    20220920_183719.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220920_183715.jpg
    20220920_183715.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220920_183635.jpg
    20220920_183635.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 91
An easy fix of the plaque would be a decal of the corrected quote over the top. Of course, that would involve removing the hanging pegs which gets into screwing up the back sticker with the numbered edition on it. Maybe if enough of us brought it to the attention of Factory Entertainment, they might make it right. Or the very least, they'd correct it for future plaques and canes. I'm not that concerned about it. To be honest, I had forgotten it came with the hanging plaque. But still... it IS a bit annoying.

Yeah, the offset hooks are to accommodate the oblong head. I've not hung mine yet but you get the idea below. I was also contemplating doing a new sticker -- but like you said, don't want to destroy the back one in order to unscrew the hooks. Not a deal breaker but very annoying.

52363357359_4cf459c238_o.jpg

I've got some 3/4" scrap plywood. I should just trace the one that came with it and start over. Buy or make some new pegs. Maybe someone here on the RPF could do the round artwork again with the correct quote. The size is about 200mm. That'll fit on on a sheet of 8.5x11" (letter size) sticker paper I can print at my local FedEx Office store for about $1. Some sanding on the plywood and some cheap gloss black spray paint and I'd have very little money in it. Maybe go low-tech and use some MOD PODGE on the top. Brush or spray variety.

Last edited:
I would contact them. This is their mistake and they just might fix it. A lot of companies will send replacement plaques since this was a huge oversight .

So... I heard back today from Factory Entertainment. This is the email I received back:

Hello Chris,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Wolfman Cane! This quote is actually something we had a lot of discussion over during our process for making this replica. Due to rights considerations the language on the plaque had to be modified from the dialogue in the film at the request of the licensor. While this slight change had to be made, we are very proud of the product we were able to bring to market and felt this quote, although modified, still added the nostalgia to the product we were looking for.

Thank you,

Brittany Oglesby
Director of Customer Service

Factory Entertainment, Inc.
2355 Whitman Road, Suite A
Concord, CA 94518

As of today, Factory Entertainment have now updated the info on their website to include a mention of the modified text:

Please note: Due to rights considerations, the language on the plaque has been modified slightly from the dialogue in the film at the request from the licensor.

The Wolfman Cane Limited Edition Prop Replica

That little note wasn't there yesterday. I guess it was my e-mail and maybe others that prompted them to mention that.

As of today, Factory Entertainment have now updated the info on their website to include a mention of the modified text:

Please note: Due to rights considerations, the language on the plaque has been modified slightly from the dialogue in the film at the request from the licensor.

The Wolfman Cane Limited Edition Prop Replica

That little note wasn't there yesterday. I guess it was my e-mail and maybe others that prompted them to mention that.
Total BS back peddling at its finest. They would have mentioned it in their web description from the beginning. They were called out and now they are scrambling to make an excuse, lol. The whole “had to write it that way due to rights considerations”, is moot when they wrote that quote correctly on the other packaging material. No licensor will only allow you to write it once and then change it elsewhere. Lol.

Total BS back peddling at its finest. They would have mentioned it in their web description from the beginning. They were called out and now they are scrambling to make an excuse, lol. The whole “had to write it that way due to rights considerations”, is moot when they wrote that quote correctly on the other packaging material. No licensor will only allow you to write it once and then change it elsewhere. Lol.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I'm not straight-out calling Brittany Oglesby a liar. I'm sure that's what she was told to tell me. She's just customer service. As far as SHE knows that's true.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I'm not straight-out calling Brittany Oglesby a liar. I'm sure that's what she was told to tell me. She's just customer service. As far as SHE knows that's true.
It’s only a matter of time until someone calls their bluff and points out that they were permitted by the licensor, to use the correct quote on the packaging. I would love to see their gymnastic reasoning for that one. Lol

100% absolutely correct. If you believe their reason for doing so on purpose, you’re a fool. They simply don’t want to eat money to fix this problem.if this weak excuse were true, they should have warned to customers ahead of time. They just got caught with their pants down and was hoping nobody would notice! Shame on them!

Does everyone, who received their cane, like the new version over FE’s prior version, the stunt cast?
The licensing excuse for the plaque doesn’t make sense. If that was true, why even bother including it? Just leave it blank. I wouldn’t want a Star Wars replica with a stand reading “May the farce be with you.” Because of licensing issues.

Got mine yesterday as well -- and have the same tissue problem. Luckily, it's only in spots but does seem like it wasn't quite dry when they wrapped it. On the wall hanger, not only is there "looms" instead of "blooms," the quote itself isn't accurate.

View attachment 1617773

Should be:

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

Cool cane, though!
Decided to try and make an accurate text/image for the plaque

plaque.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back