The Walking Dead Season 4

I always believed it wasn't a large dose of the virus (since everyone is already infected, it doesn't matter how much of a dose you have, you're still infected none the less. It's like saying that injecting yourself with a large dose of the flu while you already have the flu will make the conditions worse. But since you already have the flu, you can't very well catch even more of the flu), but some sort of bacteria that comes form the zombie's mouth (seriously, if you think about it, when a person dies, there's a whole lot of chemical processes and bacteria that form due to the normal biological functions stopping and the body beginning to decay. Who knows what kind of bacteria that could be found in the mouth of a zombie).
I concur with ^THIS^. I thought I'd heard people involved in production of the show saying that the reason one REALLY wouldn't want to get bitten by a walker, was simply due to the massive infection that would result from the regular germs/bacteria that might be found in any truly filthy/disgusting environment in nature.

Reminds me of shows I've seen on Animal Planet/Discovery/etc where they talk about people FREQUENTLY dying after being bitten by a Komodo Dragon. That it's not that the dragon has venom or poison or anything like that, it's just that the insides of their mouths are so putrifyingly germ/bacteria-laden, that the human immune system has almost no way to recover from it, even with quick medical attention (<--something which is lacking, post-zombie-apocalypse)...

Last edited:
Like Dave said, 3 episodes left, and I can say they are pretty brutal, starting with The Grove this Sunday.

It still only focuses on one group (Tyreese's group), and it pulls from a story line that happened in the comics

I hold a belief in the Komodo Dragon theory of being bitten. It's really the only one that holds up to the scrutiny that geeks like us can ponder over when discussing the likelihood of an actual occurrence of something as unlikely as a zombie apocalypse. :D

Yep....

I hold a belief in the Komodo Dragon theory of being bitten. It's really the only one that holds up to the scrutiny that geeks like us can ponder over when discussing the likelihood of an actual occurrence of something as unlikely as a zombie apocalypse. :D

Yep....

Yes, because in a show where the dead come back to life, realism is important. :D

The only problem with the whole komodo dragon theory is that I would think that if you got komodo dragon slobber in your eyes, or an open wound you would likely get about as infected as if you were bitten by one. It certainly should be the case with the walkers since, presumably, all of the bad stuff that they pass on with their bites would be just as much in their guts as it would in their mouth or teeth. On the other hand, I really don't know how much of a komodo's bacterium is actually in their saliva as opposed to just their teeth, if there's little to no bacteria in their saliva then the komodo theory could work because all of the crud that walkers eat would get stuck in their teeth and fester just like a komodo.

For those who haven't caught the show before: Welcome to the world of The Walking Dead. It's not pretty. It's not nice. And no one is ever safe, no matter who they are. If its not the monsters outside that get you, it'll be the monsters within. Fans haven't nicknamed this show The Walking Feel for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been gearing up for this episode for a while, but it was still really brutal to watch. I'm glad it pulled that plot from the comic though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Now that was a great episode! I can only imagine the last two will be just as dramatic! Faith renewed in the show!!!!!

Old Yeller!

Great episode. Carol is one of the best things about this series. I know Daryl gets all the fan love, but she's just as awesome imo.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back