The Walking Dead Season 4

When Daryl opened the door on the second time, it was an instant swarm, no dog was seen, only heard (it's barking than yelp of pain, then silence). The only time we see the dog was the first time around.

Funny, I could have sworn that the dog was there the second time, but then again I do remember seeing bits of walkers through the glass on the door and if that's the case then it's not likely that the dog would have been there then.

IIRC correctly, in the interviews I've heard/read, they said they that one of the main characters who has not been killed in the comic books will be killed off.
Not to say they couldn't still kill Glenn, but since he was killed in the comics, that leaves another main character to go. Michonne? Daryl? Rick? Carl? Maggie? Bob? Not sure who else is left since Carol, Glenn, Tyrese have all been killed in the comics

Daryl is not in the comics in any way, so you can rule him out.

Ruh-roh, Raggy! I hope it's Rick, I really do. But since he is the main main guy, I don't see it. But it can be the Daryl show then..chicks would dig that. Ha

I was talking with a friend the other day and I realized something. Now I love Daryl as much as the next guy- he is a total badass- but I'm kind of hoping they kill him off at some point. He has a power that no character in this world should have, and it's been given to him by the fans of the show. Because of his popularity he's basically become an invincible Rambo type. At some point the producers are going to have to take the power back if they want to maintain the "nobody is safe" feeling.

Daryl is not in the comics in any way, so you can rule him out.

I know, but I left him in just in case. By saying they were going to "kill a major character who was not killed in the comics" they could be misleading/misdirecting you into thinking they had to kill off someone who was in the comics. Since Daryl wasn't in the comics he therefore never died in the comics which would still technically make what they said true and be a good way of giving a teaser that people who read the comics might not see coming as they will be speculating on Rick, Carl or Michonne

I thought this was another great episode. My only gripe was probably the zombie swarm and Daryl's reaction. That funeral home was ENORMOUS and he runs straight down to the dead end embalming room? Isn't the advantage 'higher ground' and why the hell didn't he run straight upstairs?

(of course, that obviously wouldn't have made the nailbiter situation we saw with him stuck behind the tables.......dannnnnnnnnnnnnng)

I was about to call terrible writing on the Maggie being confused, driving everyone crazy, changing her mind, sleeping in the open on a pile of dead walkers... and then I remembered, Maggie is a girl.

Yeah, 'cause the guys on this show NEVER do stupid or irrational things like risk their families lives to go out and collect walkers to keep like some sort of demented pets, or ignoring the fact that there's a lunatic with a town full of people following him living up the road...

I don't care for the tempo being set by the new showrunner. Not sure if it's due to the main cast being split up or what. Some of these characters simply don't have enough personality to carry episodes on their own...I'm bored. I was fine with one or two, like with Rick and Carl episode, but to try and give each and every character their own prime time drama?? Meh...only three episodes left this season, too. It's really dragging.

AND, I'm also have an increasingly difficult time accepting what does and doesn't cause death. You can get zombie blood in every mucous membrane you have while killing them, but it actually takes a bite to harm you!? Holy hell, make some small effort to keep me under the ether. Yes, it's understood that everyone is infected, but the bite of a zombie brings on death. Nothing but blood and saliva in the bite...that ****'s flying in the eyes and mouth of everyone in these close contact slayings...just sayin.

-Rylo

Last edited:
AND, I'm also have an increasingly difficult time accepting what does and doesn't cause infection. You can get zombie blood in every mucous membrane you have while killing them, but it actually takes a bite to harm you!? Holy hell, make some small effort to keep me under the ether.

-Rylo

It's already been explained that everyone is already infected and will become a zombie upon death unless the brain is destroyed.

I think that the bite somehow accelerates the death process, though.

Yes. That's more than understood.

My point is, there is nothing in the bite that they aren't already getting in their mouths, eyes, etc. as they come in such close contact with the dead. Blood and saliva is flying everywhere.

It's already been explained that everyone is already infected and will become a zombie upon death unless the brain is destroyed.

I think that the bite somehow accelerates the death process, though.

I thought this was another great episode. My only gripe was probably the zombie swarm and Daryl's reaction. That funeral home was ENORMOUS and he runs straight down to the dead end embalming room? Isn't the advantage 'higher ground' and why the hell didn't he run straight upstairs?

(of course, that obviously wouldn't have made the nailbiter situation we saw with him stuck behind the tables.......dannnnnnnnnnnnnng)

I thought he went down stairs to draw the Walkers chasing him down there so Beth could get out of the house through the front door (since Daryl nailed the back door shut, as he mentioned when Beth was playing piano).

Yes. That's more than understood.

My point is, there is nothing in the bite that they aren't already getting in their mouths, eyes, etc. as they come in such close contact with the dead. Blood and saliva is flying everywhere.

My guess is that a direct bite somehow introduces a huge dose of the virus (for lack of a better word) that instantly causes death and then zombification.

That's rather the delusion I have always tried to stay under. They're just really pushing that theater of the mind this season. In the beginning they were a bit more careful with the kills. Now, they're digging bare handed into bodies and have these face to face kills where fluids are all over their faces, etc. I just wish they'd try a little harder to keep the audience from having to take note that there's nothing else to exchange with a bite that they aren't already spraying over the living. If a virus gets in your eyes or mouth, you're gettin' it...

These are the sort of things the fanbase is gonna dwell on when they get bored. :p

My guess is that a direct bite somehow introduces a huge dose of the virus (for lack of a better word) that instantly causes death and then zombification.

That's rather the delusion I have always tried to stay under. They're just really pushing that theater of the mind this season. In the beginning they were a bit more careful with the kills. Now, they're digging bare handed into bodies and have these face to face kills where fluids are all over their faces, etc. I just wish they'd try a little harder to keep the audience from having to take note that there's nothing else to exchange with a bite that they aren't already spraying over the living. If a virus gets in your eyes or mouth, you're gettin' it...

These are the sort of things the fanbase is gonna dwell on when they get bored. :p

I didn't think it was the zombie virus (or whatever) that killed you from the bite. I thought it was something the virus produces that gets transferred in the bite that kills you. Don't remember where I got that from, but that's what I go with.

I always believed it wasn't a large dose of the virus (since everyone is already infected, it doesn't matter how much of a dose you have, you're still infected none the less. It's like saying that injecting yourself with a large dose of the flu while you already have the flu will make the conditions worse. But since you already have the flu, you can't very well catch even more of the flu), but some sort of bacteria that comes form the zombie's mouth (seriously, if you think about it, when a person dies, there's a whole lot of chemical processes and bacteria that form due to the normal biological functions stopping and the body beginning to decay. Who knows what kind of bacteria that could be found in the mouth of a zombie).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back