The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

Correct. Comments are not votes. Votes show up as blank comments, though. If you count all the comment entires and subtract those that are actual comments, you'll have the same number as the vote.

Scott

I had a question about the number of votes, I keep coming to check our votes and it says a different number on the page with all the thumbnails than the actual votes when you click on the picture. Like it might say 49 on the vote page but we really have 55. That doesn't affect anything right? And pretty much all of my votes have been because I have gotten all of my friends on the Terry Goodkind fan groups and the Legend of the Seeker fan group to come and sign up and vote. Not many of my friends in real life would even click on a picture and like it to vote on facebook, and all these "stranger" friends that have made an account just to vote for my kids are amazing. And a lot of them have never seen your forum and love it. They usually do conventions and may be posting Mord Sith:love and Seeker and other outfit builds soon :)

I had a question about the number of votes, I keep coming to check our votes and it says a different number on the page with all the thumbnails than the actual votes when you click on the picture. Like it might say 49 on the vote page but we really have 55.

Actually in this case you have 49 votes and 6 comments for a total of 55. Comments don't count as votes in the final tally.

if they click the word "VOTE" they are doing it right

if they click the word "VOTE" they are doing it right

That is what I mean, I thought that is what they were going because I told them they had to make an account, go to the groups page, and hit vote. I thought that was what they were all doing and that maybe the vote page just wasn't keeping up with the numbers of votes but I was just told that some were comments instead:facepalm I guess I need to go and post again to tell them to make sure that they voted and didn't just comment:lol

I have another question, I have noticed some of the pictures have been neck and neck, they will have the same amounts for a while then one will get one more, than the same again, and so on. What if there is a big tie?

I have another question, I have noticed some of the pictures have been neck and neck, they will have the same amounts for a while then one will get one more, than the same again, and so on. What if there is a big tie?

What usually happens for these things is that there's a clear 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with a bunch of ties below them. However now is a good time to think about what to do in case of a tie (actually we should have thought of that before!)... Lemme think about it and get back to that.

What usually happens for these things is that there's a clear 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with a bunch of ties below them. However now is a good time to think about what to do in case of a tie (actually we should have thought of that before!)... Lemme think about it and get back to that.

hehe, My kids (seeker Gage and Sister Nadine), Beetlejuice and Lydia, and the Monsters Inc group keep getting the same and then one will pull ahead, and then 2 will have the same for a while and then another will pull ahead. It looks like it will be close between those three if not a tie :popcorn

But as far as the comments go how can you tell if it is a comment or a vote, I just see the names and numbers and some of the names have a number and a comment next to them, like this. Sorry if I am being annoying, lol. Some of them did have a problem figuring out how to vote and I tried to explain it to them so if they did it wrong I want to make sure they come and fix it so we will have the amount of votes we are supposed to :)

But as far as the comments go how can you tell if it is a comment or a vote, I just see the names and numbers and some of the names have a number and a comment next to them, like this. Sorry if I am being annoying, lol. Some of them did have a problem figuring out how to vote and I tried to explain it to them so if they did it wrong I want to make sure they come and fix it so we will have the amount of votes we are supposed to :)

Easy way for them to tell is if they look at your pic and still see the "vote" button they didn't vote. ;)

Anything with a comment is not a vote. Votes don't allow you to leave comments (you have to do those separately)

Easy way for them to tell is if they look at your pic and still see the "vote" button they didn't vote. ;)

Anything with a comment is not a vote. Votes don't allow you to leave comments (you have to do those separately)

OK thanks:) I just posted the names that had comments with them on the forums that I am asking for votes on and told them if that was their user name to please come and vote correctly and explained it again :)

Is it just me or is there suddenly a new entry in the group category? I saw a giant spider that I swear wasn't there by the deadline (and they have 2 pics posted).

I noticed that my vote in the Women's was gone when I looked in that category. I had to revote. :confused Very odd.

I noticed that my vote in the Women's was gone when I looked in that category. I had to revote. :confused Very odd.

funny you should say that, I've noticed that some of the votes have been going up and down randomly, I wonder if it's because of that?

Is it just me or is there suddenly a new entry in the group category? I saw a giant spider that I swear wasn't there by the deadline (and they have 2 pics posted).

It's not just you; that only appeared recently. Also, there's no build thread for it that I can see (based on the entry list on page 1 of the Costume thread).

There appears to be a fly in the ointment (ironic... yes?).

Another suggestion for next time -

Disable the ability to edit the picture. Yeah, it's nice to swap it out (I did it with mine then changed it back). It's fine if it's honest, but I see one entrant in the male category with a changed picture where they modified the costume from when it was first entered.

With the editing ability, anyone can submit an unfinished work and continue working on it throughout the length of the contest. It could be swapped for an entirely different costume, gather votes, then switch back.

So yeah, lock down the entries. I kind of like the poll system from the last few years better.

It's not just you; that only appeared recently. Also, there's no build thread for it that I can see (based on the entry list on page 1 of the Costume thread).

There appears to be a fly in the ointment (ironic... yes?).

This might be what I just posted about - an entrant changing their entry to a different costume.

Between this and what looks like dummy accounts used to boost votes, I won't be entering again.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back