The I HATE PAWN stars thread!

We love the show.

IMHO the sellers don't have to sell and sometimes I yell at the TV that they shouldn't. If they've got a real treasure, then go auction it (20% to auction house). Or find a direct buyer themselves (keep 100%).

"Pawn Stars" I dig; the new "Hardcore Pawn" show with the Lance Henriksen clone owner don't cut it for me...

OK, that's an insult to Lance Henriksen. This guy looks like the "Uncle" you don't leave alone with the children and small animals. I must admit though that he is pretty easygoing and tries to work with people, even those who come through the door with a "the world owes me" mentality.

Now his Daughter, it's no wonder she's not in charge of the operation, she's proud that she's an abrasive *****, she doesn't know the value of things, she can't negotiate worth a damn, and nobody can override her cause she's the bosses daughter. She'd put that place under in 6 months.

I've never brought myself to actually watch HCP, but there was a promo for an episode with a "Stripper" Pole featured predominately in it...

How much does a "Bar Stripper Pole" go for nowadays, and who the Hell would own or buy one? :confused

If I watched the show, I would soon expect to see someone showing up to sell a pair of purloined underwear once belonging to Marylin Chambers... :sick

I've never brought myself to actually watch HCP, but there was a promo for an episode with a "Stripper" Pole featured predominately in it...

How much does a "Bar Stripper Pole" go for nowadays, and who the Hell would own or buy one? :confused

If I watched the show, I would soon expect to see someone showing up to sell a pair of purloined underwear once belonging to Marylin Chambers... :sick

I actually watched that episode (the only episode I've watched) and I believe it sold for around $400.

I wonder if the guys from Hard Core Pawn are embarrassed that they have blatantly copied a successful show. I'm not sure I could do it. Must be one nice paycheck.

What's next, "USA Pickers"?

Last night I caught an episode where a lady brought in a real honest to goodness Faberge broach. She had no idea what she had. Rick asked her how much she wanted and she sheepishly said 2,000. He then said because he had a conscience he'd offer her 15,000. Then the stupid lady who had no idea what she had and could have walked out with 2000 said, "Well how about 17,000?" He should have been allowed to legally smack her.

Yeah, that showed right there that Rick is decent. Any other Pawn shop would have ****ed her (I know the ones in my area would have talked her down to $1500 or less) on that 20K+ brooch.

Fact is that I was banned from a local pawn shop for that very reason. I was in there looking at tools, this guy comes in with a HUGE Carrot Jelly Opal Ring. This is an Orange colored Fire opal, It had lots of fire, and was a cabochon the size of the end of your thumb. Now my Father and Grandfather did Lapidary work, so I know stones like opals quite well. This was a $1000 stone set in a heavy gold mounting, so we're looking at about $1300 easy, maybe $1500

Well, ******* behind the counter says "Oh, that's one of those Man Made Opals because real fire opals don't come in that color, and that's a gold filled mount, I'll give you a Hundred for it." Before the guy could say yea or nay, I jumped in and wasn't nice about it. I told him it was real, and what he could get for it at a local Jewelers. Well, Pawn ***** was pissed, after the customer thanked me and left, and told me to leave his store and not come back. I told him if that's the kind of operation he runs, he's a ******* thief and I wouldn't soil my feet by setting foot in there again. Last time I drove by, there was a For Lease sign up. Good Riddance.

Last night I caught an episode where a lady brought in a real honest to goodness Faberge broach. She had no idea what she had. Rick asked her how much she wanted and she sheepishly said 2,000. He then said because he had a conscience he'd offer her 15,000. Then the stupid lady who had no idea what she had and could have walked out with 2000 said, "Well how about 17,000?" He should have been allowed to legally smack her.

I watched this last night as well... couldn't believe the gall she had. I mean, sure, you want to negotiate, but considering the fact that she COULD have been taken to the cleaners and wasn't I would figure she'd have a little more gratitude.

If I were Rick in that situation when she said "Surely a man who's willing to pay $15,000 would pay $17,000." I would have said, "You know what? $10,000."

( in a childish voice) No but Rick and this show are evil-doers! They are out to screw everyone and not turn a profit. :rolleyes

Appraiser : WOW this item is worth 3 million dollars!
*walks away*

Bald guy to customer: Ill give you $20 for it, and not a cent more.

:lol

Customer: "Give me $40 and you've got a deal"

Rick: "I'll meet you half way at $35"

Customer (thinks for a moment) "Ok, you've got a deal".

I love the show, was happy they had a marathon of it yesterday.

Reminds me of when I worked in a toy store that bought collections.

I also love the show, I dont see how they take advantage of anyone. They have to turn a profit and sometimes when they know its worth more they tell the customer. For example, the Faberge' broach of the black widow the girl was looking to get $1000 for it. Rick could have taken it but instead he gave her $15,000 for it.

Now that I think about it didn't he go 15500? I watched so many episodes last night they all kinda blend together. :)

It's Vegas baby. Everybody has a stripper pole in their house, to with the stripper.

yep, they have been screwing over customers for years ;)

Not sure if I hate the customers more in many cases but when the pawn stars laugh at the sellers(victims) and then offer them scraps , I feel bad for them.

Moral of this story may be,'if you EVER need to sell something, dont sell it at a pawn shop cause you wont get anywhere near what its worth'.

Its been that way with ANY pawn shop forever--where have you been??
you might get 10% of what the item is worth--IF you are lucky--

Its been that way with ANY pawn shop forever--where have you been??
you might get 10% of what the item is worth--IF you are lucky--

Our one local used game/movie store was heading the pawn shop route, i swear he'd buy anything before he torched the place. There is one pawn shop about 20 minutes or so from here that advertises at christmas videogame and dvd special sales including system/game bundles.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back