The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

Re: The Hobbit made viewers sick?!!!

Some people are lactose intolerant?!
Is milk even worth drinking anymore?!

If only there were multiple options available for viewing The Hobbit upon its release.
Oh wait ... THERE ARE SIX.

Some people are lactose intolerant?!
Is milk even worth drinking anymore?!

If only there were multiple options available for viewing The Hobbit upon its release.
Oh wait ... THERE ARE SIX.

What this guy said...

Pay no attention to the poor 'Net journalism.

Could it have been the scene where Bilbo is raped on a pinball machine? Oh wait, wrong movie.

"Apparently, a bunch of viewers became nauseous after seeing the Hobbit "

know how they feel. Lord of the Rings had the same effect on me.

I'm a bit concerned at it being a trilogy. The book sure doesn't warrant it. Or is he throwing in stuff from other Tolkien works too? We'd better see something of Smaug in this first one. Don't want to wait till 2014.

I'm a bit concerned at it being a trilogy. The book sure doesn't warrant it. Or is he throwing in stuff from other Tolkien works too? We'd better see something of Smaug in this first one. Don't want to wait till 2014.

He's throwing in a good bit of appendices stuff. Events that led up prior too and during the events of the Hobbit.

I'm sure they'll be ALOT of additions. There already is with the Stone Giants, as per the way Peter works.

There's a new TV Spot out that does, in fact, show a glimpse of Smaug flying over Erebor or Lake Town. I'm sure they'll be a prologue and flashback that Thorin and the dwarves give that shows a little more of Smaug and how he came to Erebor. I wouldn't be shocked to see a little more background on the history of dragons coming to Middle Earth. Would actually love a bit of that!

I suppose Jackson's film will have to throw out entirely one of the more appealing aspects of the book - the tone of the narrator, which is that of a wry children's story-teller, especially in the first chapters. This tone was of course ejected by Tolkien in favour of something more grand for all subsequent Middle Earth tales. But I guess since he started with LOTR Jackson'll be stuck with that book's heavy tone for what should be the very lightest opening for The Hobbit. We'll see...

Not exactly over the moon with the Bilbo to be honest. I only bought the hobbits in LOTR because of Wood's incredible pixie-like face. Always thought the heads of the hobbit actors should've been made much larger for their bodies. Too often they look like mere shrunken humans - like when they jump on Frodo's bed at the end of ROTK. And this Bilbo here - there's nothing fantastical to look at there, nothing to match Tolkien's description. He also doesn't look round and jolly enough - Holm's face just about carried it. Maybe I'm being picky, but I thought we'd been told anything was possible now in this cg age...

Not exactly over the moon with the Bilbo to be honest. I only bought the hobbits in LOTR because of Wood's incredible pixie-like face. Always thought the heads of the hobbit actors should've been made much larger for their bodies. Too often they look like mere shrunken humans - like when they jump on Frodo's bed at the end of ROTK. And this Bilbo here - there's nothing fantastical to look at there, nothing to match Tolkien's description. He also doesn't look round and jolly enough - Holm's face just about carried it. Maybe I'm being picky, but I thought we'd been told anything was possible now in this cg age...

Did you perhaps grow up with the Rankin Bass version? :lol
tumblr_m7uf18ikEx1qbkta6o4_1280.jpg

I'm glad for the warning. I've gotten a headache from 3D and wasn't planning to see The Hobbit for the first time in 3D - now I'll skip the 48 fps too and just see it in the regular 2D...

Once I have enjoyed it, I'll try out the upgrades, just to see if I can hack it, but I don't want my first experience of the movie to be ruined.

I'll try for 48FPS first time I think, since Jacko seems to think of it as the definitive version. Gotta say the reports are what I expect from it myself however; I HATE smoothing on my TV and that video look in general.

But after the trade show we heard there was going to be post processing to kill that, right?

Could it have been the scene where Bilbo is raped on a pinball machine? Oh wait, wrong movie.

No No no, you've got it all wrong. It was the scene where Bilbo is strapped to a tree by his own belt in the woods, by banjo playing red neck trolls.......Oh wait......STILL the wrong movie.....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back