The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

Awesome! Was that the costume party? A piece of me was there...LOL! Made a dress for a friend; it had appliqued flames and the one ring on the bottom of the dress. Apparently Peter loved it...

Hoping I can ACTUALLY attend one of these premiere! We're saving up!

Callum! I see my pic is up! :D
I've got to send you the original resolution!

Yes, that is me in the photo, and I can now tell everyone. I attended the premiere screening. 48fps works and its not jarring at all. The tone of the movie is quite different from LOTR. Its pretty good imo!

Actually that's a girl I know who made that dress! Here's the one I made:

427938_426529944061085_1299221647_n.jpg

From the left, that's Song, some kid called Elijah Wood, and Christine... that was just the start of the evening, too!

I'm glad there's no photos of me (I was a mess).

Christine looks like Grey DeLisle. Just throwing that out there.
I know the Daily Fail isn't a good site, but I'm still gonna be cautious. Not for me, I'll be fine, but my family members get vertigo migraines from 3D. Avatar was a nightmare for them. Guess this just means I'll be watching the Hobbit twice.

Only the one with Andy... no others, please!

Haha, actually we didn't have many shots with you in them! Should have taken more. I'll let you upload them then :p

And I'm sorry I didn't get to speak with you more before I went out on the carpet! It was so coincidental that among a 100, 000 people you spotted me walking in your direction!

Uh... that's the Daily Mail, aka the Daily Fail to my UK friends. It's the equivalent of the National Enquirer so take whatever they say with a huge grain of salt and the expectation that they're just trying to kick up some crap.

The Guardian have it too, though.

I'm not bothered about headaches and nausea, I'm worried the 48fps is gonna be too fluid and make the whole thing look like video.

I found that the 48 fps worked fine, and the 3D was much smoother.. And that being said, I was in the front row of the screening. I think a lot of it is personal preference though. I never had an issue with regular 3D before either, so it might just be me having more tolerance for the tech

It is individual. Some people have problems, others do not. I always have a problem, so I likely will...

SO glad there are options. :)

Re: The Hobbit made viewers sick?!!!

Yeah....I know a few people who get motion sickness. They can't look at a magazine while riding in a car, can't watch TV while running on a tread mill, boats make them sick....ect. I can imagine if you went to see it in IMAX and the screen filled your field of vision, the crisp clear image would give you a feeling of motion, and make you sick. I'm glad I don't get motion sickness :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back