The Fall Guy: The Motion Picture

It was a great show. They had to change the design of the car as Brian Keith had terrible trouble getting in and out of the original. The second Coyote sucked. I would think they could have just added doors to the original.

There was probably more to it than that.

The McLaren cabins were tiny in general. It's basically a 1-seater with two seats crammed into it. (Consider the fact that a friggin' DeLorean cabin looked big and comfy in comparison.) It's not a convenient setup for shooting actors, Brian Keith or anybody else.

The McLaren kit would also have been pretty unsafe. It's a flimsy fiberglass shell mounted onto the floor of a VW Beetle. The occupants were sitting scary-low to the ground. When you shoot chase scenes every week there are going to be accidents. The DeLorean body was a bigger/heavier production car with some crash-testing.

The DeLorean Coyote's looks were spoiled by the execution IMO. It wasn't a bad idea to go that route on paper. The oddly drooping nose goofed it up.

Fall Guy ruled. This new movie just needs to be it's own thing. It is not Fall Guy.

Agreed. It might have been better on its own. But, whatever. Marketing.

Last edited:
If I ignore the fact I watched the original with my dad all the time it seems okay as a stand alone film.

There was a movie with Burt Reynolds where he was a stunt man… hooper was it? That was really the prequel to this sort of maybe if you squint a bit.

There was a movie with Burt Reynolds where he was a stunt man… hooper was it? That was really the prequel to this sort of maybe if you squint a bit.

Yeah, 'Hooper.'

But Burt's character was less of a stuntman-moonlighting-as-a-detective, and more of a drunk-dude-occasionally-doing-stunts.

Yeah, 'Hooper.'

But Burt's character was less of a stuntman-moonlighting-as-a-detective, and more of a drunk-dude-occasionally-doing-stunts.
Hooper was an ageing stuntman having to face up that he was nearing the end of his career.

David.

Hooper was an ageing stuntman having to face up that he was nearing the end of his career.

David.

Yeah I know.

But still, it's not much like 'The Fall Guy' show beyond the stunt world setting. Lee Majors' character was different. The whole tone of it was different.

'Hooper' was just Burt & Hal Needham in their Bandit-era hot streak. Whatever else went on in the movie was window dressing. Burt could have played a coporate attorney and his character would still have jumped a Trans Am before it was over.

Burt could have played a coporate attorney and his character would still have jumped a Trans Am before it was over.

And that's why we loved him. Wouldn't any Law and Order series be better with Burt in a jumping a Tans Am?

Last edited:
Oh my car can connect to the internet. Ooh, it has light to tell me something is wrong. Look, it's like all the other cars. BORING!!!

This is a car movie. Plus it's fun, which movies rarely are now.

A Fall Guy movie could have been great. Colt (Lee Majors only) training his son, some kind of mentor to someone, etc. Get all surviving cast back. No over the top CGI Fast and Furious crap that has been done to death. The right truck, real stunts, a little heart. Big Hit.

If we're just doing trucker movie themes:

That;s great...lol, just goes to show you ...no CGI or deepfake needed, just real stuff getting destroyed. Trucks going through buildings...and corny music to boot. Who wouldn't love such things? lol

If we're just doing trucker movie themes:

Sooooo bad.

Strange 1970’s movies like Convoy are, I think, why British director Richard Lester portrayed early 1980’s America as a land where everything was “backward / hillbilly”…It reflected what Hollywood was exporting at that time.

Last edited:
A Fall Guy movie could have been great. Colt (Lee Majors only) training his son, some kind of mentor to someone, etc. Get all surviving cast back. No over the top CGI Fast and Furious crap that has been done to death. The right truck, real stunts, a little heart. Big Hit.

That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 80's...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back