the flash cw etsy cosplay suit

Yeah, it was mishapen. Just hit it with a little heat (I used a blow dryer, no need for a heat gun) and bend it back.

One thing to keep in mind is that the chin is cut slightly off center; looking at it head on, the left side is slightly longer than the right. This is a result of the mold, every mask I've seen has this imperfection. The good news is that you can't really tell unless you look at it dead center anyway, so it's easy to hide.

Yeah, i noticed the chin on mine was off-center.
Would you mind explaining how you made the neck piece for your suit? Ive never done any sewing before...

Hey guys,

I've been following this one for a little while, and it led me to sharing the suit with my friend as they want to go to a con as Flash, while I go as Reverse Flash.

On that – any updates on the Reverse Flash suit that was briefly mentioned?
So far, I've come across some barely acceptable options, but fear the custom route will be outside my budget when I look at the cost:benefit side of things.
Then again, if the quality were right, the price doesn't really matter quite as much for me!

But I'm keen to see what any of you have come across, or if there's an update on the suit this seller was providing.

Cheers!

Yeah even with my customization to my Etsy/ Ebay/ AliExpress Reverse Flash suit, I'm not 100% happy with it.
The belt, mask and emblem are separate and probably 99% screen accurate, I'd say
but the suit.. nope.

Here's some details on what I did to the suit:
-Weathered yellow areas with brown paints and inks.
-Pants and jacket's gradient were dark green, NOT black. So that also had to be changed.
-The ab panels are uneven (Some are higher than the opposite side)
-2 ab panels are missing. There should be 8. I couldn't fix that.
-The back pattern is the wrong shape. They made it like the Flash's "mountain" gold lining when it should be upside down (reversed lol)
-There was also the faux leather belt that was sewn on. That was removed and replaced with velcro to attach the superior belt
-Velcro was also added on the chest
-Chest is missing the "veins"
12067939_10156158850495252_1868502516_n.jpgedit6.jpgedit1.jpgedit2.jpg

BUT.... There's a superior Reverse jacket that was just released by The Jacket Maker recently.
I'm starting talks with them to see if they can make it even more accurate!

http://thejacketmaker.com/Yellow-Lightening-Jacket.html

front.JPGfront_close.JPGfront_angle.JPGside.JPGback.JPG

Last edited:
Ah, I did see those photos - I didn't realise they were this RF suit!

That's actually much better than I expected. Could almost do since I'm not a regular cosplayer, and only do it a couple of times a year - that's where it's not good to be overly concerned by accuracy. It doesn't fit the cost-benefit analysis. Haha.

That new jacket though, holy cow! I think that will be the way I go. Especially if you can get them to make a few changes!
If only a matching pair of pants could come up.
I'm definitely keen to see the progress on that!
Thanks for the link :)

Hey, anyone who owns the etsy suit and the xcosure cowl. Would it be possible to cut the neck part from the original cowl and attach it to the xcosure cowl?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ah, I did see those photos - I didn't realise they were this RF suit!

That's actually much better than I expected. Could almost do since I'm not a regular cosplayer, and only do it a couple of times a year - that's where it's not good to be overly concerned by accuracy. It doesn't fit the cost-benefit analysis. Haha.

That new jacket though, holy cow! I think that will be the way I go. Especially if you can get them to make a few changes!
If only a matching pair of pants could come up.
I'm definitely keen to see the progress on that!
Thanks for the link :)

Yeah I'm making a handful of photoshop alterations and I must say it's looking pretty spot on to the show.

They DO have pants available as well. Would probably need more changes to those than jacket

http://thejacketmaker.com/Yellow-Lightening-Costume.html

Any updates on the Reverse Flash jacket JKRIB? It's a great start, but if your alterations are taken on board, it may just be my ticket to the Speed Force! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
They approved all my changes and design pictures I made for the jacket. It costs an extra $50, If I remember correctly. I will be buying it but after I save up some more

They approved all my changes and design pictures I made for the jacket. It costs an extra $50, If I remember correctly. I will be buying it but after I save up some more

Ah, awesome! That's good news. Any chance you could post a couple of pics here? The jacket doesn't appear on the website now, which is a little unnerving! Hopefully it's just temporary.

Hmm yeah the link doesn't work for me anymore either. They told me it wouldn't be a problem in a couple months, to order, so I'm not sure what's going on with the site.

does anyone know if the reverse flash's gloves can be purchased? they look like the flash's but black and i haven't seen them in any other thread

Recieved my suit today. The zippers on both boots were broken and my belt didn't have the lightning bolts on it. Other than that, everything is great. Everything feels nice and durable and nothing is too uncomfortable. uploadfromtaptalk1449706533717.jpg
6abda7d5c6d904eb1460fa1fe0dfc507.jpg

Last edited:
I also have the same problem with pants that someone else here had. I contacted the seller and they don't want to send me replacements.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but the seller also offers a white emblem. They'll send it to you if you ask for it, they just don't have it listed as an option.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back