Ra's Al Ghul cosplay: cape questions

Duke

I am planning a Ra's Al Ghul cosplay based on this image by Jay0kherhaha on DeviantArt:

dWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.png

The suit I already own and the red sash should be easy enough to source. For the cape, I plan to make using a McCalls pattern for Doctor Strange whose cloak should work nicely for Ra's.

Doctor Strange.png

However, I am a novice when it comes to sewing something of this size and I have a couple of questions based on the recommendations in the pattern

1) The pattern calls for interfacing and boning to be used in the collar, to make it stand up (forgive me if I'm not using the correct terms). There are a number of options for these items; which ones would be best for this project?
2) The cape pattern appears to have two parts; the cape itself (or the "back" as seen when worn) and the lining. I plan to use cotton polyester broadcloth for the cape. Since the lining in the Ra's Al Ghul reference image does not have any pattern to it, could I just the same type of fabric as the lining?

I may come up other questions as I progress but that's all I think of for now. Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back