The Flash, Bat Gadgets

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So now that there are a few trailers we've seen some of the bat-gadgets from the Flash movie. They seem to be replicas of the Batman 1989 gadgets (from what we've seen so far). I'm actually a little disappointed. It's nice for nostalgia, but it's been thirty some years and he hasn't updated his hardware? Also, they seem to have ignored Batman Returns from what I've seen.

We've seen the old Batarang, the old spear gun, and ninja wheels. The Hot Toys version comes with the 1989 detonator, and batmobile remote.

So what does everyone think? Does anyone have good information on the new versions? Are they made to be close, or are they actual replicas?

I looked around and was surprised there isn't discussion of these new(ish) Batman props

Depends on how we see it. He did update the batarang to have the line details sticking out instead of cut into it. So, you could consider that an update or just lazy designers not doing their homework on the original props. Just like the undersized grappling gun that appears to be based on the old old old replica from 20+ years ago, too.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Did they buy a bunch of eBay props and that were close enough, or do some work? A lot of those props are on Thingiverse and could be printed and cleaned up pretty cheap.

The McFarlane Keaton Bats' speargun is so tiny that I've got him holding the NECA Keaton speargun. I figured that was a McFarlane thing, like the Batmobile's canopy, but seeing the Hot Toys version coming with its own jacked up versions is making me worried that he's going to be equipped with ancient eBay recasts.

The McFarlane Keaton Bats' speargun is so tiny that I've got him holding the NECA Keaton speargun. I figured that was a McFarlane thing, like the Batmobile's canopy, but seeing the Hot Toys version coming with its own jacked up versions is making me worried that he's going to be equipped with ancient eBay recasts.
Well the good thing is they are using the batarang that came with the original release. That had the lines cut into it accurately to the 1989 film.

It’s really funny when you look at the toys at the time. The Toy Biz dress up set had a batarang with the lines cut in, and the Kenner Quick Change Batman figure has a glove holding the batarang with the lines also cut in. It’s sad the toys from the time were more accurate than the one replica that’s been copied over and over again for decades.

FxjIv3OWAAEuSO-?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Snapinsta.app_351290128_206242078515543_7440752131973867104_n_1024.jpg

Good to know the weapons are based on replicas. That grappling gun has the SD edge around the reel. And look at those exposed batarang lines that aren’t recessed like they should be. Where do they hire these people?

MaxPower89. it comes down to time and money. Why do research and build perfect replicas from scratch when you can buy some eBay casts and call it a day. At least 95% of fans won't even notice. A lot of those are just background props anyway.

I'm not that disappointed they are flawed replicas... I'm more disappointed that there is nothing new. It's like he didn't update any equipment after Batman 1989. I know he's retired, but there were upgrades to his arsenal in Batman Returns? Nothing between then and when he retired? I feel it's just nostalgia bait.

MaxPower89. it comes down to time and money. Why do research and build perfect replicas from scratch when you can buy some eBay casts and call it a day. At least 95% of fans won't even notice. A lot of those are just background props anyway.

I'm not that disappointed they are flawed replicas... I'm more disappointed that there is nothing new. It's like he didn't update any equipment after Batman 1989. I know he's retired, but there were upgrades to his arsenal in Batman Returns? Nothing between then and when he retired? I feel it's just nostalgia bait.
This right here all day long. Where are theReturns weapons and THAT part of the cave?

It’s looks like they’re going for a new variety in scale.
More gadgets that are in the style of Batman and nothing else. It’s as if he stopped making new gadget designs after Joker died and decided to make those terrible suits in the vault instead. But wouldn’t you think he’d make new gadgets to go with those suits?

So, it appears they are showing the 89 Speargun attached to a sliding rail on his forearm similar to The Batman. Not sure I like this. In The Batman, the design was very integrated and folded away. This appears clumsy to me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back