The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I got the same jacket through yesterday, before ordering I asked them if I could have it without the perforations on the front,
which they did at no extra charge

SDC10010.JPG

I also made a badge and a buckle from foam

SDC10015.JPG

SDC10014.JPG

All these photos are great, but they make it tough to know what the real color is. Does anybody happen to own both jackets that they can post together under the same light?

Or does anybody know somebody local they can meet up with and compare the two?

All these photos are great, but they make it tough to know what the real color is. Does anybody happen to own both jackets that they can post together under the same light?

Or does anybody know somebody local they can meet up with and compare the two?

I bought one of the upper deck swatch cards that has the pattern portion on the cotton twill, I'd definitely say it's a deeper red, almost crimson like based on the swatch I got.

EDIT: Let me go through my pantone booklet here at work and see if I can find you a pantone code close enough to give you guys a better idea.

Last edited:
There are two different panels of denim on the jacket. One is dark crimson, the other is a more faded tomato red.

Anyone have any ideas on making the jackets a bit darker shade? I was thinking about trying to re-dye it but with the finish on it I doubt it would take. Maybe conditioner and olive oil?

I suggest those of you that want a jacket check out etsy. Search Star Lord jacket. It's the closest I have seen so far. I'm sure you will know the one when you see it.

Heard back from trading.plus and they're going to remake my jacket and I just have to ship this one back to their US contact in FL. I think I'm going to take the opportunity to ask for it to be non-perforated on the front, too.

Once I get it back, I still need to figure out how to darken the whole jacket, and then I think I will try to stencil on the triangles with a reflective clear or something; in the good shots the patterned parts almost look like they reflect a more coppery color than the maroon.

There's a new jacket version out on Etsy. It looks a bit closer I think? Darker color and has a pattern of some sort on the jacket itself.
Too bad I just got my jacket from trading.plus (and if this one wasn't $335) I would of picked this one up instead. The patch on the arm
doesn't look that great though-- wish they had a closer look of the pattern that was on the jacket.
il_570xN.656270964_ndlp.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures showcasing the weathering or color gradient for the pants and short jacket? I have several reference pictures, but am in need of some I can essentially use as color guides.

And you were right.

The pattern looks closer to a straight diamond stitch or a scale pattern than the individual triangles, but especially the shot from the back where you see the orange and red tones together, really looks so much better.

It's imitation snake print leather.

Much like everyone else here I too am looking for the most accurate star lord jacket available and I just seen the Etsy one posted above (thanks for sharing) my real question at the moment is if everyone has seen these two jackets currently selling on eBay and if so what are your thoughts? Ideally if your wearing the mask and walking round with rocket boots and the two blasters then this is the jacket to wear as opposed to the short jacket which is seen in most non combat scenes. Hope that made sense and look forward to any feedback about this questionImageUploadedByTapatalk1411293497.172581.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411293746.632905.jpg

I thought the trench was literally just in the opening scenes. I wanted to go with that one originally, but I think most of the movie sees the shorter jacket and the flight-suit jacket. Either way, lots of cool starlord costumes are underway =0)

It's imitation snake print leather.
It's actually all silk screened twill. The only leather is on the sleeves.

Just thought I'd share... My thrown together Starlord for Dragon Con. Helmet is a loaner from a friend over at Hex Mortis, who sadly isn't in the business of replicating them for fear of legal repercussions. Though I think someone needs to get them the license to replicate these... Fo real.

Groot is our own Usurper over at Hurley FX.

10636110_597341130370157_6297580144918180869_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back