The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Done. MDR5A rd 1.pngMDR5A rd 2.pngMDR5A rd 3.pngMDR5A rd 4.png
I managed to pick up a set of MDR-5A's from Germany a few months before the movie hit. Then I did a digital scan and refined the design from there to make it work with other headphones.

Getting ready to print the parts now.

Are the Quad Blasters readily available in the shops over in the USA, they like hen's teeth here but I coming in October. Trying to decide if I should buy the pair I'm watching on evil bay. Thanks.

Are the Quad Blasters readily available in the shops over in the USA, they like hen's teeth here but I coming in October. Trying to decide if I should buy the pair I'm watching on evil bay. Thanks.

I wandered into Toys R Us last week and, once I found the GotG display, they had plenty of them. $21 apiece.

I could do a run of decals, but I think someone on here already created some Sony ones for the walkman. They would just need to be scaled down.

I could do a run of decals, but I think someone on here already created some Sony ones for the walkman. They would just need to be scaled down.

Oh right my bad, do you know who it was? Really tempted to buy this 3D print but without the graphics it's kinda useless lol, love your work so definitely interested if others are? However if these are already available I don't want to make you start a run that basically already exists

Those aren't the "right" headphones.

The correct headphones are Sony MDR-5a, and just about more rare than the Walkman

Ain't that the truth. I'm beginning to think James Gunn spent 1/4 of his budget for GOTG on TPS-L2's and MDR-5a's.

Believe it or not the TPS-L2 really isn't all that rare. Before the movie you could grab one for less than $100. The price has only skyrocketed recently. My guess is it cools down in a few months and prices return to a more normal range.

Hi y'all we found these on eBay. They come in various styles: Standard, Glow Glass in Latex or PVC variants. They are made in 2 sizes too: child and adult. Did anyone from here buy one of these? IMHO for the budget minded this may be a good foundation to mod make it as screen accurate as humanly possible. I know it is far from perfect but good price range. Your thoughts? I may go this route for the PVC Deluxe Glow Glass version once updated pics of the eye area are made avail. On a good budget since I need to build an adult and child size Star Lord costumes.

BasicStarLord.jpgGlowGlassStarLord.jpgPVCStarLord.jpg

Hi y'all we found these on eBay. They come in various styles: Standard, Glow Glass in Latex or PVC variants. They are made in 2 sizes too: child and adult. Did anyone from here buy one of these? IMHO for the budget minded this may be a good foundation to mod make it as screen accurate as humanly possible. I know it is far from perfect but good price range. Your thoughts? I may go this route for the PVC Deluxe Glow Glass version once updated pics of the eye area are made avail. On a good budget since I need to build an adult and child size Star Lord costumes.

View attachment 378176View attachment 378177View attachment 378178

With a little can do attitude and research on the forum, I think you could achieve a much better result out of foam and probably for significantly cheaper. Just my .02 though.

While we're here I have a couple-few questions about the cosutme and its makings overall:

1. I am using a kids' Iron Man mask as the base for my helmet. Can anyone give me a good measurement for the distance between the eyes (outside the trim ring), and the hole diameter for the eye (inside the trim ring)? I'll use those measurements to scale my construction - this is one that I can't freaking eyeball, due to the differences in the way the two masks relate positionwise to the head of the wearer.

2. How's everybody planning to darken up the red jackets? Both the trench and the jacket look to be significantly darker than the pieces being produced (like, oxblood vs. cherry, rather than just needing a bit of weathering).

3. Does anyone else plan to use their phone as the walkman? I'm thinking I could do either the front view as a phone wallpaper, or get a phone case and do the back up like the walkman. I'll need a really good straight on photo of it either way though.

Cheers

My coat that I just received feels dark enough. I bought the slim fit ebay linked one. I would definitely consider it an oxblood color.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back