The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

It's actually all silk screened twill. The only leather is on the sleeves.

Are you talking about the actual jacket or the Etsy jacket? I know the actual jacket is twill. (I was actually the first one to point it out here as well I think, and with all the hundreds of hours of research I've done on it so far I'd be pretty dumb to miss that little detail.) But the jacket for sale on Etsy (shown in the post I quoted) is leather with snake print embossing. I've had enough snake print garments, leather and not, in my time to tell, haha. Not to mention the add even states it's 100% leather...

Also... back panel fabric:
panel.jpg
Correct heavyweight twill/drill/bull denim specially dyed and bleached multiple times. Next comes the screen printing... have all the supplies, just need to find the time to do it.

Are you talking about the actual jacket or the Etsy jacket? I know the actual jacket is twill. (I was actually the first one to point it out here as well I think, and with all the hundreds of hours of research I've done on it so far I'd be pretty dumb to miss that little detail.) But the jacket for sale on Etsy (shown in the post I quoted) is leather with snake print embossing. I've had enough snake print garments, leather and not, in my time to tell, haha. Not to mention the add even states it's 100% leather...

Also... back panel fabric:
View attachment 379330
Correct heavyweight twill/drill/bull denim specially dyed and bleached multiple times. Next comes the screen printing... have all the supplies, just need to find the time to do it.

Ooo, very nice Joe, very nice indeed. I'm excited to see your progress on this.

On a whim I stopped into Target, see if I could find the Hanes longsleeve shirt. I didn't find that, but I did find this. It's a Merona brand longsleeve with a ribbed collar and a sort of piquet weave, but it's a very soft cotton/nylon blend. Color is "image blue". Wonder if the collar not being a mock neck hurts its look for this, though. First pic alone, second pic with the trading.plus jacket. Note: pics are with flash. Too dark a blue? I'm thinking of trying to lighten the fabric where the mesh panels would be (perhaps by appropriately masking it and then sitting it in the window for a week or more).

2014-09-21 19.33.54.jpg2014-09-21 19.34.47.jpg

I didn't see this one in this thread but it shows some of the details inside the trench coat. It's also nice to see the costume in sunlight.

RumDqna.jpg

Hey all... been lurking last few days. Trying to put together a decent halloween costume. I'm by no means a cosplay guy. In fact, my halloween costumes are usually terrible.

So far I have ordered...

- generic orange foam headphones
- "canvas motocycle sling bag" + cobra clip for mod
- nerf blaster - going to mod (hard to find for a canuck! LicensedCartoons has them for my Canadian brethren)
- Disguise Inc mask - it looks like the best looking commercial mask... but it's sold out everywhere and $100 on ebay. Luckily I saw a listing and got one for $40
- EL wire & inverter for glowing eyes
- Jacket

At this point I think I will just find some cheap black cargo pants and wear black sneakers. I can't justify buying motorcycle pants and boots... but maybe I can find some old boots at a buddy's.

Anyway... here's the jacket I ordered. Most of the jackets I've seen on here are bright red, which I don't like much. I prefer the burgundy look of this jacket, even if it's not as accurate.. oh well. It looks different than a lot of the jackets I've seen here, but for all I know i will end up with the same fjacket mentioned many times. There was an option for faux or genuine cow leather. I went with real leather. Can anyone comment on this jacket? Seen it before? It kind of looks like the shoulder flaps are at least sewn down some of the way... and it looks like all the sellers are in the UK

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

It's actually all silk screened twill. The only leather is on the sleeves.

Just thought I'd share... My thrown together Starlord for Dragon Con. Helmet is a loaner from a friend over at Hex Mortis, who sadly isn't in the business of replicating them for fear of legal repercussions. Though I think someone needs to get them the license to replicate these... Fo real.

Groot is our own Usurper over at Hurley FX.

Damn, that's a handsome Star Lord standing behind you! ;)

Hey all... been lurking last few days. Trying to put together a decent halloween costume. I'm by no means a cosplay guy. In fact, my halloween costumes are usually terrible.
Anyway... here's the jacket I ordered. Most of the jackets I've seen on here are bright red, which I don't like much. I prefer the burgundy look of this jacket, even if it's not as accurate.. oh well. It looks different than a lot of the jackets I've seen here, but for all I know i will end up with the same fjacket mentioned many times. There was an option for faux or genuine cow leather. I went with real leather. Can anyone comment on this jacket? Seen it before? It kind of looks like the shoulder flaps are at least sewn down some of the way... and it looks like all the sellers are in the UK

Well, the detailing is not great - shape of the front panels and the arm straps specifically - but the color is way better than most of these, I think. If you aren't a stickler for accuracy, and are just doing it for Halloween, then by all means it's totally serviceable - rock it with pride.

Yeah, we'll see how she looks when it arrives. Pictures can be pretty deceiving when it comes to the shade of red, as I have found out by perusing these threads. That etsy jacket looks the best so far, but too expensive for me.

What is everyone doing for their gloves? I haven't seen much on that front.

I really think the gloves are old motorcycle gloves. I could have sworn i had seen a pair identical to the ones used in the movie at my grandpa's house last time i stayed there.

The gloves have the same screen print on them as the flight suits from the end of the movie. They're definitely custom, unfortunately.

I agree - the one from trading.plus is nicer for sure. I'm going to sell mine since I went ahead and ordered the Etsy one with the scale pattern. Even though I find it feeling too short due to the measurement mixup, everybody says it looks fine in length and it still hangs a bit below my belt. So, if you're a short guy like me (5'6", 42-44" chest) hit me up.

I also broke down and got one of the foam files for the helmet - I couldn't visualize well enough how to position and proportion things against the iron man shell. And I might have made a networking connection that will be able to 3d print a couple greeblies for me!

Awesome! Those jackets on etsy are the best lookin ones so far, unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash to spend right now. I'm pretty happy with my current jacket, although I feel like it could be an inch or two longer. I'm very tall and super slender, I wanted a snug/slim fit, so I sacrificed some length. I'm contemplating returning it an possibly getting a slightly longer custom jacket. I dunno, it seems to look ok?

I agree - the one from trading.plus is nicer for sure. I'm going to sell mine since I went ahead and ordered the Etsy one with the scale pattern. Even though I find it feeling too short due to the measurement mixup, everybody says it looks fine in length and it still hangs a bit below my belt. So, if you're a short guy like me (5'6", 42-44" chest) hit me up.

I also broke down and got one of the foam files for the helmet - I couldn't visualize well enough how to position and proportion things against the iron man shell. And I might have made a networking connection that will be able to 3d print a couple greeblies for me!

When you get the jacket definitely post some pics of it. I really like the look of the jacket in general

Maybe the ebay jackets just run shorter than I'm used to. I actually had the same initial feeling when I got my Wolverine X1 from Heron, like it was oddly short, but it looks great on me - I think the key is that when you have to deal with off the rack sizes your whole life, you start to assume some things about fit, that aren't necessarily carried over when you get a custom made piece.

Aeon, I think your jacket looks like it fits just fine, even though I can't see where your belt line is I assume it's above where the jacket ends, which I think is a fairly good indicator.

The one from ebay does seem to be a little more accurate and that is the one most of us here have ordered. With that being said it is a nice jacket just not entirely accurate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back