The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the helmet? From the movie or from a Con? Seems odd but I have not been able to find one. I saw the film again last night. and it looked as if the "yellow" lines curved with the helmet....?? -thanks

Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the helmet? From the movie or from a Con? Seems odd but I have not been able to find one. I saw the film again last night. and it looked as if the "yellow" lines curved with the helmet....?? -thanks
Turbosausage_Starlord (11).jpgTurbosausage_Starlord (9).jpgTurbosausage_Starlord (10).jpg

Hey gang' It seems like the fjackets run in oddball sizes. I ordered a small and it was too big for my liking. I'm 5'6. 150lbs. I just wanted to let everyone know that I ran it through two hot water cycles of my washing machine, and two medium heat cycles of the dryer, and that did successfully shrink it to a much better fit. It also weathered it just a tad. This jacket takes a pretty good beating in my opinion.

If this is a redundant question, I apologize, but does anyone have any advice on how to alter it to be more screen accurate. I know the shoulder flaps should be seen down, but has anyone successfully removed and relocated the straps from the forearms to the biceps? Thanks in advance. You guys are AWESOME!

Hey everyone! I found the right headphones from a place in the UK for $0.88 USD! With shipping, I'm paying a little over $4.00 USD! Hurry cause they run out of stock pretty quick it seems..

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sound-lab-retro-sony-walkman-style-headphones/358431-01/

Even if they're not spot on, these will work awesomely for a halloween costume. Most people won't notice the difference!
Plus, they're cheaper than the ones I've been eyeing on Amazon and E-bay. Thanks for sharing! c:

I have the headphones in question.

1. They are the cheapest orange pad headphones you can buy and are probably passable for most people doing a quick Halloween costume.
2. They are extremely cheap. The foam pads are very thin and almost see-thru on the sides.
3. Audio quality is simply awful. You are buying them strictly for looks.
4. They don't fit a human head well right out of the package. You have to bend the head band metal to form it better so the ear pads actually sit on your ears.

So, are they worth $5? Yeah probably. Are they the perfect solution for a screen accurate costume? No.

20140915_212648.jpg so I decided since I don't know how long it'll be before I can get my project run valve I would make my own. Any ideas for a better option this is my first try at it

The inset ring on the valve is higher, not set in so deep. The central opening also appears too large.

The "valve" on the sleeve is driving me crazy. It looks so familiar. I feel like it have seen that inner piece (the inner bezel?) somewhere before. I don't think it is a real valve. If I really have seen the parts before it is probably something like repurposed lamp parts or the inside of a flashlight.

Yeah I know all that thanks though I just don't have a way to cut the mesh and shave the top part so it'll do for now the pieces I used are from a gas mask and the mesh is just a round piece of mesh metal from a set of steampunk goggles

Finishing up a foam helmet, and also working on my own trench coat and sling bag. Who would have thought the hardest part of this would be finding a decent pair of pants? What have the rest of you done for pants?

I ended up commissioning some... But depending on your waist measurement there is a decent pair on eBay

Finishing up a foam helmet, and also working on my own trench coat and sling bag. Who would have thought the hardest part of this would be finding a decent pair of pants? What have the rest of you done for pants?

A great alternative to the SONY MDR-5a headphones without breaking the bank account. You can find these on eBay from time to time. These are from Radio Shack. 1981 Realistic NOVA 45 headphones. IMHO these look the closest to the screen used SONYs. I would cut up some nickel sized circles from the following materials/items: wire screen, colander or strainer for the headphone side end piece details. Maybe used this material for even the Mask Helmet eye area for additional detail. Have not figured out a logical mounting solution for the wire mesh ends as of current. Let me know. This newbie would like to publicly thank the many posters here for giving me the knowledge to build a Star-Lord ensemble for my son and I.
RealisticNOVA45a.JPGcolander-strainer-list.jpgStrainer.jpg

I was thinking of trying to 3D model and print the pieces to it, and use some aluminum to make the metal portions, and then just use some cheap headphones for the wires and cans to complete the look.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back