The Babadook pop up book

Not much sense in numbering the first 2000, if there are way more than 2000 of these books and all of them are signed...

But indeed, in one of the newsletters, I read this:

So not only the first 2000 will be signed...

So over 7000 books got ordered???

I still find it odd though. Why send the first 2000 to Australia to distribute, and then the other 5000 odd to the UK and US to distribute? And yeah, seems fairly pointless to number the first 2000 if they're ALL signed.

Yeah, this book is not that limited. Many limited edition prop replica's only have 1000 or 1500 copies worldwide. So 7500 copies is not really "limited", I guess... So I don't really understand how prices are already going up to $400 for these books. Anyway, I ordered 2 of them. If I would be able to sell one of them for $400, I wouldn't hesitate, I guess ;)

Yeah, this book is not that limited. Many limited edition prop replica's only have 1000 or 1500 copies worldwide. So 7500 copies is not really "limited", I guess... So I don't really understand how prices are already going up to $400 for these books. Anyway, I ordered 2 of them. If I would be able to sell one of them for $400, I wouldn't hesitate, I guess ;)
I don't think they ever said it was going to be a limited edition. They will probably make more in the future.

I still find it odd though. Why send the first 2000 to Australia to distribute, and then the other 5000 odd to the UK and US to distribute? And yeah, seems fairly pointless to number the first 2000 if they're ALL signed.
the first 2000 are the ones that got the original crowd fund goal set.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that in the original crowd funding "application" that they said that it would be limited to 2000 (I was one of the original 2000). The limited nature of the book was one of the original selling points.

I'm pretty sure that in the original crowd funding "application" that they said that it would be limited to 2000 (I was one of the original 2000). The limited nature of the book was one of the original selling points.
then they added more and said they would be signed...

at this point, I contacted them and asked what extra the original 2000 would get for signing up early... as they weren't as limited any more.

this is when they decided to number the original 2000.

better than nothing. haha!

I was pretty annoyed that I thought I was signing up for something I though would be limited, only for them to add on an extra 6000 books!

I'm still betting now that they have production ironed out, and they see the demand for these, they there will be another run.

I'm still betting now that they have production ironed out, and they see the demand for these, they there will be another run.
I don't know. If you see how much manual work is involved... If there is another run (which I doubt), it won't be for the price of $80...

I was pretty annoyed that I thought I was signing up for something I though would be limited, only for them to add on an extra 6000 books!

I think it's a good thing that they matched demand. Is it really better for anyone if thousands of people miss out? They still have massive resell value so I don't see the problem.

yes, I'd rather have them miss out! first come first served!

So something only has value to you if you possess what others do not? What about valuing something for its intrinsic beauty and creaftsmanship?

As someone who got in on the run late, I'm personally elated they made the number of books they did and I hope more eventually get made so those who missed out can enjoy it in the future.

So something only has value to you if you possess what others do not? What about valuing something for its intrinsic beauty and creaftsmanship?

As someone who got in on the run late, I'm personally elated they made the number of books they did and I hope more eventually get made so those who missed out can enjoy it in the future.
Sorry, no, I meant the first 2000 as a limited edition version (signed), not that other people shouldn't be able to have the book at all.

I just want the book... I'm never going to sell it, so it's monetary value has no meaning to me.

Oh, see I mistook you. I see nothing wrong with there being a limited quantity of specially numbered or signed in an edition. I could take it or leave it honestly. While I am happy I will be getting a signed edition, signatures and numbers have never been that big of a deal for me (unless I'm getting something signed in person).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back