Syrus54 - IronMan Page

Re: Syrus54 - Iron Man Page - Updated 10/09/2013

Another model thief out there, has unlocked my PASSWORD PROTECTED FILES, and strated sharing the raw models. Until I can find a way to PERMANENTLY LOCK these files, I'm stopping sharing again.

You can thank "Davy S." for this.

for **** sake man y cant people stop doing this crap and man up instead of like pheonix said ruin it for us faithfull followers

F U, F U to whoever ruin this!!!!!!!!
May you burst into flames, poeff!!

Hi Syrus54 , I am sad at what has been happening.

However I think that because your files are already blocked encourages some people to discover the password as they have fun with it.

I have your files which are great, but I probably will not try to mount them ateh that you release the password is very difficult to scale from 10 to 10%. Not to mention that working with Pepakura view is horrible.

I think unlock the files. will bring more peace and thanks. For even if u sell them eventually someone will modify them.

I apologize for anything but I see it that way

Congratulations for their incredible work I hope it continues.

"Using Google Translator"

...OK, I contacted the file sharing site, they said they will block the files.

HOPEFULLY the Mother F'er deleted them from his PC after he uploaded them.

So, I will try to find a way of protecting these files, and once that's done, I will re-load ALL THAT HARD WORK back to the 1st post.

Re: Syrus54 - Iron Man Page - Updated 10/10/2013

There will always be those who are trying, not to steal your work but to present it as their own... Try to calm down for now. It's hard to imagine why people can't put your name in their post... But I think locking files is just too much work... even this password got broken. I know it hurts when someone does this, but on the other hand it's really hard (for me, don't know for others) when I can't measure things, and change scale... Don't know how to explain it more in detail in english... But it all comes down to your decision. And of course, we will respect it.

...OK, I contacted the file sharing site, they said they will block the files.

HOPEFULLY the Mother F'er deleted them from his PC after he uploaded them.

So, I will try to find a way of protecting these files, and once that's done, I will re-load ALL THAT HARD WORK back to the 1st post.

Dude, after all you've done for this community, you should take a BREAK. So many people crying about scaling, and have no sympathy for what's happened to you.

The same plastic responses, "dude you shouldn't get mad" or "unlock the files will bring peace".

I don't think that's fair to you. Frankly, I wouldn't blame you if you NEVER wanted to share again. I am glad to hear you were able to act and stop this abuse, however.

But, as I said, you need a break. You should take some "you" time.

Syrus, you've put a lot of effort making the files.
You put another extra work to make sure that your work can be properly acknowledge.

I can't understand people "complaining" about the password, difficulties of scaling and all, .....for free files!!!!!
Plagiarism is another thing.

We need someone like you to act, up to this level (and beyond), to bring more and more awareness.
I fully support what you did. I am glad that you keep wanting to share (bless your heart), after all these attempts.

Respect!!!

Is there a way to protect the files? I just don't get it. They are ruining the sharing concept for everyone. I guess thieves don't car who they are hurtin...GM

Plastic response? It is my opinion! Respect!

Many in the RPF, know Unblock files! Why not unlock?

Because people are correct!

The ease of information does not always bring good things! fact

For any type of lock, there is a reverse engineering! fact

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

I'm also not complaining! But the fact Pepakura View and horrible to work. Fact

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

What I want to say is bad people do not have respect only way to prevent that is not unlock ..... is not sharing. Fact

The question is, and the good people ?pay for bad people ?

to Syrus54

Your work is wonderful not stop him!

Share or Not! It is your decision

Plastic response? It is my opinion! Respect!

Many in the RPF, know Unblock files! Why not unlock?

Because people are correct!

The ease of information does not always bring good things! fact

For any type of lock, there is a reverse engineering! fact

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

I'm also not complaining! But the fact Pepakura View and horrible to work. Fact

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

What I want to say is bad people do not have respect only way to prevent that is not unlock ..... is not sharing. Fact

The question is, and the good people ?pay for bad people ?

to Syrus54

Your work is wonderful not stop him!

Share or Not! It is your decision

So, let me get this straight. Your suggesting that because "for any type of lock there is reverse engineering", that Syrus should just give away his hard work.

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

So, if you lock the door to your house when you leave for work, and someone picks the lock while your gone and steals your stuff, it's okay because you left them a lock to pick. Is that right? And so, you should just give away the stuff that would be stolen in the first place. Yes?

Fact is, someone stole from him.

And as far as the scaling goes, I have tried to explain to others, over and over again, that you can scale more precisely with Pepakura Viewer FOR CAMEO. Pepakura designer only scales in increments of 10%. Pepakura Viewer for Cameo can scale down in increments of 1% up to 100%. Syrus has provided multiple scales of these suits, and you can use any one of his scales as a starting point for this method. People are claiming that they need to be able to measure point to point in order to make these suits. I can tell you from experience, that point to point measure doesn't always help. I have about ten helmets I've pepped, and ALL but a couple came out the right size of my head.

Please understand that I'm not trying to disrespect you. But I do not agree with your position.

And I'm willing to bet that Syrus doesn't either.

So, let me get this straight. Your suggesting that because "for any type of lock there is reverse engineering", that Syrus should just give away his hard work.

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

So, if you lock the door to your house when you leave for work, and someone picks the lock while your gone and steals your stuff, it's okay because you left them a lock to pick. Is that right? And so, you should just give away the stuff that would be stolen in the first place. Yes?

Fact is, someone stole from him.

And as far as the scaling goes, I have tried to explain to others, over and over again, that you can scale more precisely with Pepakura Viewer FOR CAMEO. Pepakura designer only scales in increments of 10%. Pepakura Viewer for Cameo can scale down in increments of 1% up to 100%. Syrus has provided multiple scales of these suits, and you can use any one of his scales as a starting point for this method. People are claiming that they need to be able to measure point to point in order to make these suits. I can tell you from experience, that point to point measure doesn't always help. I have about ten helmets I've pepped, and ALL but a couple came out the right size of my head.

Please understand that I'm not trying to disrespect you. But I do not agree with your position.

And I'm willing to bet that Syrus doesn't either.

First I do not speak English so it's difficult to express my thoughts

But let them

I have not said that someone who likes to be stolen

However, and a risk you run when we share something

Following your reasoning, if someone makes you bad, will not rely on others

In relation to Pepakura, each person develops a way of working

What's good for me, and not always good for others!

I've been looking forward to your tron type suit, but this really sucks man, hopefully you find a way to protect your hard work, otherwise if people don't respect your wishes there really isn't a point to sharing.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened, again :(.
I hope you are able to get this all sorted out and get a focus back on the good part of creating. I can only imagine how frustrating( or even aggravating) situations like this are and what a mood/drive killer it can be.

* WORLD ANNOUNCEMENT *

I think I just had a GAME-CHANGING, MODEL SAVING Idea about how to Release the Ability to do Costuming...

Stay Tuned for Updates.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back