Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [Completed!]

Re: Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [WIP]

That weathering is just OVER THE TOP. The damage really looks like this armor has been to hell and back.

One question for you, how does the caulk sealer look after it's painted? I noticed a little extra light reflection in some of the pics.

Thats one part I wish I could do over again. I could do a better job with the knowledge I gained doing it this time. The seams are a bit shinier than everything else at the moment, HOWEVER nothing has been clear coated yet. Once everything has a coat of gloss on it it should even things out a bit.

Tonight the backpack was completed and even better still, the Power Fist was re-assembled. It looks killer. It's late so I am just going to give you a bunch of pictures and a video and go to bed ;D Once again the lighting in my spare bedroom wins.

Mark III powerfist update 10/21/13 [FINAL] - YouTube

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

Thats one part I wish I could do over again. I could do a better job with the knowledge I gained doing it this time. The seams are a bit shinier than everything else at the moment, HOWEVER nothing has been clear coated yet. Once everything has a coat of gloss on it it should even things out a bit.
So what would you do differently? or are you going to wait and see how the clear goes before worrying about it?

So what would you do differently? or are you going to wait and see how the clear goes before worrying about it?

I left a bit too much caulk over top of the seams, I would like to have wiped more of it away. There is the slightest bulge wherever there is caulk, and I don't love that. The caulk also has a glossier finish than the foam right now. This should be eliminated by the clear coat though. It's a detail that I dislike, but not so major that I need to re-do any work. I am content with the results... for now ;)

Here it is ladies and gentlemen. My final test video and a slew of pictures of a full suit-up. Believe it or not, I am rather impatient myself, so I didn't want to make you all wait for any kind of big reveal. I still have a number of details to complete mainly the power fist tube, the bolt pistol and a clear coat over the suit. There are other minor improvements to fit and rigging as well, but nothing worth mentioning. The shoulders are on the wrong sides (oops! silly servitor) and the tube is not trimmed yet, so ignore those things :)

I will be taking everything out for Halloween so the next batch of fully dressed pictures will be of the completed costume. I have loose plans for a photo shoot as well, can;t wait to share those.

VIDEO: Space Marine Costume Test 10-22-13 - YouTube

I'll let the pictures do the rest of my talking. Enjoy!

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

Incredible. I don't know what your Halloween plans are, but you're going to be awesomly overdressed.

Hey Slygian, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your awesome project with us.
Really has been a pleasure to see the progress over the time and to see what thinking was behind some of the things you built.
Thank you!

I do so like the paintjob, really great work. I wish i had your skills. I did some foam armour a few years back (well about 13 years ago when I was still living with my parent) but that was nothing near the perfection i see in this threath.

-R-

Its that time again. UPDATE time. Tonight I painted my bolt pistol and power fist hose. I also wired up the fan in the backpack again. It glowwwwws again... and moves air. The power fist hose was shortened as well, it is now a much more reasonable length. The pic with my power fist raised is about the maximum height I can raise my arm if you're curious. Not half bad. I went with a lovely shade of red for the bolt pistol. It should balance nicely with the power fist :)

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

you thought of maybe installing a torch light in the bottom of the power fist? (The part where the pipe is inserted).. imo would make awesome night time cosplay along with the glow-shades and backpack fan.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back