Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [Completed!]

Re: Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [WIP]

That is a freaking masterpiece. I was hoping it would turn out like this as it came together.

Re: Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [WIP]

Hey, Great Cosplay! it looks amazing! i started one of my own and i just finished the stilts, im haveing a hard time getting good templates and the right scaling. would you mind telling me what template you are using and the scale you had them in, did you use pepakura? looks amazinng man!

I have some fresh pictures and video from a smaller con I attended a week ago! I thought everyone might like to see more finished pics.

Video: Crimson Fists Space Marine @ Orlando Toy & Comic Con 2013 - YouTube

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

From what I read in another post, that guy is that big. He stated he was the only person at the con he didn't have to look down to!

He is THAT big. His name is Theodus Crane, you might remember him as "Big Tiny" from the prison in The Walking Dead. He was a special guest at the con. Super nice guy.

From what I read in another post, that guy is that big. He stated he was the only person at the con he didn't have to look down to!

Oops, somehow I missed that earlier I guess.

He is THAT big. His name is Theodus Crane, you might remember him as "Big Tiny" from the prison in The Walking Dead. He was a special guest at the con. Super nice guy.

Ha, that seems an appropriate name. I have yet to enjoy the privilige of watching The Walking Dead but when I do I'll be sure to look for him.

This is an absolutely amazing build! Thanks for being so detail-oriented in your posts as I plan to use some elements of your build to help get mine off the ground. I do have a few questions, though they may have been previously answered and I missed them.

1.) What was the final cost for the project?

2.) What thickness was the foam you used? I am looking at using 5mm foam for my suit.

3.) How badly do you sweat in the suit, even with the backpack fan?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion Amish. I'll check out OC some more and look into the 12mm EVA. I have a pepakura Space Marine helmet sitting here that I'm converting to chaos presently, and I think I'm going to resin-soak the helmet and then do a foam skin with 5mm, but will probably then go with straight 12mm foam build for the rest, along with some sort of understructure to make it stable like Sylgian did.

I found this thread while doing research to begin my own space marine cosplay and created an RPF account just to say well done!

I was wondering if you'd made your 3D printed files available. While I don't own a printer personally, there are a couple at the local hack factory that I could probably convince someone to show me how to use.

Thanks!

This is an absolutely amazing build! Thanks for being so detail-oriented in your posts as I plan to use some elements of your build to help get mine off the ground. I do have a few questions, though they may have been previously answered and I missed them.

1.) What was the final cost for the project?

2.) What thickness was the foam you used? I am looking at using 5mm foam for my suit.

3.) How badly do you sweat in the suit, even with the backpack fan?

Thanks!

The final cost was roughly $1300. I did a good amount of experimenting though, so costs could be cut a bit. The vast majority of the foam is 1/2" thick. The exception is the detail bits. Those are made from foamies sheets of various thicknesses. The suit is hot, I do sweat, but is bearable, just be sure to keep hydrated. The discomfort of the suspenders will make me want to get out of the suit long before the heat.

I found this thread while doing research to begin my own space marine cosplay and created an RPF account just to say well done!

I was wondering if you'd made your 3D printed files available. While I don't own a printer personally, there are a couple at the local hack factory that I could probably convince someone to show me how to use.

Thanks!

I don't promote it very much, but I do sell a few 3D printed bits and pieces via my web store here: Home · garysterley · Online Store Powered by Storenvy

Not everything is available. Many of the small pieces just aren't worthwhile for me to produce and sell, because...economics. But is you don't see something on there and think it should be, feel free to ask.

Hi:

I'm a new member and just discovered this thread- my belated congratulations on a terrific build....the best in show was well deserved!

Thank you!

Also, this is worth a share. Thanks to the stairs on the convention stage, my knees were damaged needed service. the good news is I got to take these pics of a cool feature of my armor that no one ever gets to see. Inside all of the major armor pieces is an internal structure built of PEX tubing. It acts as a skeleton of sorts. The skeleton keeps the armor pieces in shape and provides me with rigid mounting points to attach all the pieces together.
1529806_253567664804664_2061483255_o.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back