SyFy's Heroes of Cosplay

Hope this isn't necro-posting, but I just saw this....

The entire process began back in November 2013. My brother was pushed by his gf to try out for the show. He was selected and interviewed. Then, he tried to get me to go on the show with him as a 'brother/sister' group. I have to admit, I wasn't the most excited about the idea.

However, I did end up doing an interview and filled out most of the paperwork.

But, when the first con came around, they told me that the paperwork to allow me on camera hadn't gone through yet .

I couldn't let my brother go to the con alone in the mannequin. (He could barely walk in it and needed someone to apply the makeup and put stuff on him.) So, I bit the bullet and bought my own airline ticket, hoping my paperwork would be %100 by the con......

Nope. So much nope.

The first thing a producer said to me upon flying from Texas to Florida with money I borrowed from my mom was "How does it feel that we picked your brother over you?"

And that's how my brother ended up on the show and I as his helper. :/

(Honestly though, after seeing the bs the 'heroes' had to deal with, I'm so glad I wasn't selected. Even being the helper, that was the most stressfull con of my life)

Oh man! That sucks! It really seems like the producers for Heroes have absolutely no touch with cosplayers. Sorry you had to go through that crap.

Hope this isn't necro-posting, but I just saw this....

It is no problem. This post response was the highlight of my day! I am just happy for the response.

Your brother, and you made the second run of the show a lot more enjoyable for me. I related to his method of builds, and I have meet him...kinda...sorta...

I walked past him at A-kon once. Then last year I saw his booth at Anime Fest, but you guys were gone. :unsure
In my book that makes us friends! :lol

Anyway! Thank you for the information! I hope to see you both again, at another Texas con! :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back