Studio Scale Landspeeder project

Again, very nice. Am looking forward to seeing the completed project. I would sure like to find a kit like this to work on and place into my collection ??????

I can't wait to finish this - it's calling from the corner as I type this :lol

I'm wrapping up a paint master right now, and as soon as it's out the door I switch back to the 'speeder, at least until the next paint master hits. It's a really nice problem to have, so no complaints!

I have recently drafted a template I will laser cut out of 1/16th acrylic to use as a guide when cutting the panel line masks - I'm pretty happy how that problem was solved. On the 1:1 Landspeeder, the panel lines are very wide and shallow, so I decided the best way to tackle that is to mask them off with tape, and then do a few passes with sandable primer. Getting the curves right was gonna be a bear, but then I realized I have the original cad data, and I just went from that to describe the curves - voila!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399170260.462996.jpgpanel time

Tamiya tape! They just need a minor touch up here and there, some light sanding over all, and then I attack it with a Dremel for battle damage.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399236671.452652.jpg

Jason. Speeder looks great. But ive noticed a small flaw in your posts. Dont be so cheap. Whats the deal with one pic updates. Come on we can handle a few pics at a time

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back