Studio Scale Landspeeder project

Last part done!!!
10881519_10153000351793156_4317686747934396774_n.jpg

I think I have the final draft for the engine bulkheads, the trunk lid, and the side fins. They all get laser cut, and were quite a challenge to do - but the end results so far have been exceptional!

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 8.51.56 PM.png

Hey Jason, is that windscreen being pulled on an industrial thermo-rig? Clarity is amazing. I've heard that RC guys will make an intermediate HIPS pull over the tool, then wet sand that, polish it, then continue with PETG over the HIPS. Think Michael told me that... I've tried it and the results are better. But, anyway, excellent work whoever is producing this.

from the first post:
"Dec 11, 2012, 7:13 PM - Studio Scale Landspeeder project"

Just over 2 years... labor of Love no doubt.

Jedi Dade

I just looked back through the thread... its so cool watching these come together. If you mentioned it I missed it - any workup on pricing for these... I think I'll go scout my bionic man doll now before the price jumps :).

Jedi Dade

Yeah, I'll have a couple extras for you guys that I will put in the junkyard soon-ish... Not gonna offer this as a long-running kit, as I just wanted mine ;) but the shop will run a few spares to make the effort worth it, and if people want one!

Save up about $1,200 for everything including shipping to be safe I guess? (shipping itself will be crazy, lol) - it's nearly 40" long, rotocast, phoot etch, lasercut bits, pteg windscreen... tremendous effort by every person that worked on this with me, and I'm so happy how it all came together! I don't want this to turn into a for sale thread, but everyone that wants a Landspeeder should get a Landspeeder, by gum!

Ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back