Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

Impressive isn't even close to the right word.

I am amazed that you have the patience to pinpoint all the kits and assemble them correctly.

GuyÂ’s,

I wish I can take credit for this but I cant.. my good friend is a master pattern maker. He wants to remain anonyms so I will respect his wishes. The is an awesome build, by using close up reference of the ROTJ AT-T we have been able to match it pretty darn close. It seems when building the ROTJ version they only used kit parts from a few of the same ones used on the ESB version. For the most part the ROTJ 12” go motion miniature was scratch built. After further review not even the Leichter armored car railing (top of head) did not make the ESB to ROTJ transition. It was scratched.

IÂ’m glad you enjoyed the update. As soon as Mike can send me some pics of the first castings of the legs I will post them here.

Steve

Here are some pics of the hull broken down into its parts.

233944780.jpg

233944807.jpg

233944795.jpg

There will be two pieces of koolshade (included in the kit) that goes between the grill and grills on the body.

233944799.jpg

233944786.jpg

The head swivel and tilt mech.

Hope you guys are digging these. I sure am.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Feb 27 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1427948[/snapback]</div>
It's the mount for ILM GO Motion device... when we replicate a studio scale model we miss no detail.

Steve
[/b]

Any plans to produce an "as seen on screen" back end alternative?

Looks absolutely wonderful, steve. Tell the pattern maker I will name my first born child "Anonymous" after him/her. Oh wait a minute, I already have a kid... 4 actually. The pattern maker isn't named Olivia, Ella, William, or Anna is it?

Any plans to produce an "as seen on screen" back end alternative?[/b]

Yep, you just dont put it on.. there is a open square on the ones that apear in the film or you can just put a piece of styrene in there to block it. might include a flush plug of sorts.

Steve

Here are the first set of castings for the ROTJ Scout walker Legs and feet. Enjoy.

234936945.jpg

234936936.jpg

234936923.jpg

The master pattern maker is hard at work to finihs the head very soon. The ESB version will be shown next week in more detail.

Steve

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back