studio scale 66" Enterprise:

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neil. the last of the mohic

If you're using a program with a built in "upload to youtube" function it probably uses a low res as default. If you can't change the resolution, try just uploading from your youtube page. Bear in mind that 30 minutes of HD will take a few hours at least to upload.

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neil. the last of the mohic

uploaded a beter copy of the video...this should be much better :)

Like night and day, thanks! Hope it didn't take too long :)

only 3 hours :) lol i know there has to be a better way. i have to load the edtied video to my pc and then to youtube....very long process

OK, so dry fitting is all done, every thing is completely level, shes sitting on her own weight ( no stands to hold up the saucer ) , all bubbles centered...im so freaking happy i can %$#^&*(

so now she comes apart and i start the real fun, drilling out windows and filling them with dental acrylic..still need to find a place that will sell to me :( I'm not a dentist lol, adding lights and all the electronics...fun fun fun :lol:lol

a quick note, the pipe is not level, it needs to be adjusted, which i will do when i take her a part :)

thanks rich, but i need the clear suff :)

spheric thor, thanks man, thats the link i was going to look for in steves veeeeery long thread :lol

thanks rich, but i need the clear suff :)

I lift my pinky in the air and say, "Oh, special aren't we." What non-clear isn't good enough, fancy schmancy elitist attitude. Maybe you need some caliberation? I'll make an adjustment to you on Sunday.

;)

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neill. the last of the mohi

uh oh! that doesnt sound good :lol

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neill. the last of the mohi

I just got some of the finger nail acrylic and the good thing is you can get it everywhere. I'll will let you know how it works out.

i got some yesterday, it looks great! the only thing is it was $50 , I'm going to buy some of it off ebay that Ive seen for $10 for the powder just to see if it is the same quality, just so i know for future need :)

Trooper

Great to see you working away on the BIE E.
Its going to be a blast watching you work..

My real jobs been keeping me away from My BIG E
the last few mounths.

Thanks for the heads up and great Video.Keep it up..

Paul/kahn1701

Last edited:

Paul, thank you :)
been doing the boooring task of drilling windows :facepalm
just be thankful your employed, many are struggling to find work around here, you'll get back to it soon....i look forward to seeing your done.

I've been wondering how you were coming along Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing both of these ships done :)

Oh and Monster Makers does have the clear dental acrylic, you just have to look for it.

Trooper
Chk the window templates when drilling/cutting your window.
I needed to go back and enlarge some of my windows after the fact.
They needed be slightly bigger in some places.
Also one of my video covers a couple windows Steve Missed.
That are on the CD he sent you.
(Luv you STEVE...LOL)
Just a little advice..LOL

Robin 1
Thank you for the support.
I'll get back on my BIG E soon.

Thank you all
Paul/kahn1701

thanks for the heads up, i did see that, i also found a couple windows not on the kit, it will be on my next video. i was making sure the temp's would fit and noticed that i did need to make the wholes larger, after i already cut em out :( there fine now :)

Lookin' good man!

I'm SO jealous of you, building your nice well done kit :p

On the dental acrylic, if you have a Sally Beauty supply close. Try their Beauty Secrets clear nail powder, it's a good product & only about $7 for enough to do the build 4x over.

Also wanted to suggest a Bondo sub. USC makes 2 great products "Icing" & "Thin Ice". They're comparable in price to Bondo, but way easier to sand & lighter. Bondo uses limestone as the filler & the USC ICE stuff is a glass bead filler. Of course evercoat is the ultimate, but is $45.

Again Lookin' good!

Orbital- thank you very much :D
i cant wait to come to Portland in a couple months and see the ship you built :)

in a test i did, i noticed that the back side is textured, is this normal? it would seem i need to sand it down or it will show up when lite. does the stuff you use do the same thing ?

ron1- thanks man :D

It seems to be the nature of the beast. The back will have a frosted look. I filled the holes completely then smoothed over the powder before applying the monomer. It helped keep the surface level at least.

Are you going for clear or diffused windows?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back