Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

It is in terms of Star Wars because it has nothing to do with Star Wars at this time. If they introduce a character that's homosexual into the films then it's totally applicable, but this has nothing to do with anything other than a completely neutral comment made by one of the writers/ producers in an interview.

All this is right now is an opportunity for people on here to argue differing political agendas.

Back to Star Wars, please and thank you.

Amen!!

I am no expert, but you are either born gay, or you are not, political views don't really come into it.

Now telling people what they can, and can't talk about, that seems political to me.

Now, who do we see about getting John Barrowman a role in episode 9?

How about we all agree that if Star Wars continues to have well written characters, and if there has to be romance subplots that they don't clutter up or distract from the overall story or are not horribly written, then we really won't care either way. I think that is pretty much what everybody is trying to get at, but the message is getting lost because of the stickyness of this topic and the emotions it can conjure up.

anyway, take a look at this! pretty neat bits of information from Daisy Ridley http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/daisy-ridley-dishes-star-wars-episode-viii/story?id=37315797

I am no expert, but you are either born gay, or you are not, political views don't really come into it.

Now telling people what they can, and can't talk about, that seems political to me.

Now, who do we see about getting John Barrowman a role in episode 9?
Or how about we just bring back captain jack????? He's badass

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Here we go again... Looks like the same model as Luke's landspeeder. Yeah it could just be popular in the SW galaxy, but why use the exact same one?

Why wouldn't there be another? They were mass produced. Luke couldn't get a decent price for his because a new model had already been released.

As a guy who drives a Rav4... I know this feeling all too well.

Also there are R2 units, GNK's and threepio's everywhere... I mean Anakin built a friggin threepio when it was already a hugely popular model.

"I'm gonna build my own custom car! Here it is..... a Toyota Corolla."

The side engines look raised rather than straight out.

Love the lights on the street scene.

Uggggh!!! And all of a sudden the SW universe has boutiques!!!!
I guess this is the moment when Luke takes Rey to the shopping planet "Mallworldia" to get her that party dress and make over she always dreamed of having. I can see it now ,a montage of changing room shots where she is transformed (to the strains of "Pretty Woman") into a stunning beauty with Maz "Girl lets get you out of them rags" helping her become the new Jedi princess the Disney marketing executives always dreamed of.
In a fitting tribute, just after a stylish and beautiful Rey pauses to adjust her new hat in front of the first shop where she was initially rejected by a pair of sniify and slightly gay alien assistants for her scruffy appearance ,a mysterious cloaked figure approaches her. Throwing back his hood he is revealed to be none other than Richard Geer, who offers her a bejewelled and pearl encrusted lightsaber hilt that ignites in a stream of pink light and glitter .
As soon as she touched it a rush of visions, including many giggly parties in stretched landspeeder limos, taun-taun polo matches, photoshoots and finally her in a stunning black evening dress with a ruby red crystal necklace, with hundreds of New Order stormtroopers bowing towards her as she sits upon the Galactic rulers throne .
Entering the shop she asks the assistants if they remember her which they deny and to which she says "big mistake!", so she drops all her designer shopping bags, ignites her new lightsaber and strikes them down , with Lukes agonised cry of "nooooooooo!" in the background .The Richard G figure smiles evilly , where upon his hologram face flickers to reveal Snokes grinning visage below!!

As you may have guess I'm really not that impressed by the idea of fashion retail outlets making their way into SW and find it all rather ominous . And the speeder looks rather new and shiny, with a different engine configuration to the original. Oh this film is doomed, doomed to utter failure !!!!!! God help Star Wars the universe in ending!!!!!

Last edited:

and batteries & DVDs :p

star wars set.JPG

Oh God how ignorant some of you can be??? There's boutiques on the street now, so you really think they won't put doors there or something to hide it? Use your common sense! And stop whining or stop calling yourself a Star Wars fans at all.

Actually I was quite taking the sarcastic p**s over the four odd pages of debate people who call themselves Star Wars fans have just had over JJs totally neutral and sensible reply to a very loaded press question and the immediately negative slant the barely glimpsed picture of a mostly covered speeder has taken , but hey ,its great to see everybody up in arms again!!!!
Obviously some people here are not into observational comedy but we Brits thrive on it. I've added a few lines just to make my actual point of view a bit clearer for some . Personally I cannot wait for the moment Rey rides into battle on the back of her Jedi Unicorn Mr Twinkles, swinging the lost Staff of Ultimate Forcefullness in one hand and her pink lightsabre in the other, slashing many an unfortunate Sanitation troopers head apart in a new "R" rated horror fest , whilst Captain Phasma ,her chrome armour gleaming brightly in the pale moonlight declares her undying love for her by getting a tattoo done in Mazzs new parlour ,which is next to the barbers shop where Luke goes to get a decent shave , hair cut and to catch up on all the First Order gossip........

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back