Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

d88e1cbda7f76c5b0445c595ec45b4e32d3a6401.jpgLandspeeder_clean.png

It may be a converted land speeder.....or it could be just be the prop department trying to make everything feel like the OT in a fresh but familiar way.

Just listening to Kevin Smith - Hollywood Babbleon... he was saying when he was on set BB-8 was there and the "controller" was a puppeteer... done with bars and wires.

"I talked to the puppeteer... who controls BB-8. Now this I was like 'really? puppeteer?'. Like you look in that trailer and you're like 'ohhh here comes a ****ing CG...'... It's a puppet. It's a dude with bars and ****. And he's like 'generally it's not even 'we've gotta green screen the bars out'... it's like we're just trying to make it tactile'"

http://smodcast.com/episodes/december-12-2014/

1:30 or so in...

Iirc, I remember a rumor a few weeks back about bb-8 being two hemispheres and two wheels with the head of the unit on a weighted ball in the middle. So you would only see it from the side as complete but when you look at it in the front it looks like (l8l). Granted the head is higher and the lower balance ball was smaller.

Just listening to Kevin Smith - Hollywood Babbleon... he was saying when he was on set BB-8 was there and the "controller" was a puppeteer... done with bars and wires.

"I talked to the puppeteer... who controls BB-8. Now this I was like 'really? puppeteer?'. Like you look in that trailer and you're like 'ohhh here comes a ****ing CG...'... It's a puppet. It's a dude with bars and ****. And he's like 'generally it's not even 'we've gotta green screen the bars out'... it's like we're just trying to make it tactile'"

That's cool insight... so perhaps something along the lines as this:
making-c3p0-2.jpg making-c3p0-4.jpg

I don't think he used the word like enough...

Exactly one year until the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

People are going to rejoice and enjoy it.

People are going to moan and denounce it.

History will be made either way.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back