Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The VO sounds like a really really really bad Yoda impression, who is that I wonder?
Worst fears confirmed that the Stormtrooper helmets will indeed look like a duck :( Xwing helmet looks awful and cheap.

Great to see the Falcon but I hate the modern trend of long, overly complicated cg swooping camera shots

Overall I wasn't really blown away.

attachment.php

looks like mostly 5' falcon details on the engine deck, and a nice thickness of the saucer. I am super excited, and this looks great. if I had to offer up one beef about the falcon, the red paint looks too vibrant, did she get a strategic paintjob? But I seriously don't care that much, this is really awesome. This has my cynical heart on the ropes...

Attachments

• falcon1.png
    falcon1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 499

Notice those funky X-wing split wings? Have a fore and aft section that divides; the lower foils are "ahead" while the upper foils are "behind"

They changed the Millennium Falcon. I guess after Jedi they couldn't find a second hand dish to replace the one that got decapitated in the Death Star. Now it's square?? Cute

It'll take time to get used to the new dish... but it does stay true to the Rebel Blockade Runner style - which was originally slated to be the MF. :)

Xwing's over the water was breathtaking. Falcon vs.Ties as the closer was strong. It's growing on me. My first instinct was, eh, that was just ok. But after watching in a dozen times, I think it did it's job. Teased.

Underwhelming... this confirms a lot of my fears. After 30 years, they can't help but regurgitate the same old thing.... X-Wings vs. Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers. Yippee... sigh.

The grand battles of the original trilogy were all for nothing... the Empire is alive and well. This bugs me and it should bug more of us.

The prequels set up that Stormtroopers are clones. End of story, there is no debating this - making Boyega a new Stormtrooper and even varying the heights to imply they aren't clones just sets up a need for too much explanation. Again, you can say the new cartoon, the books... whatever. We have several movies that setup the Clones - changing this is just being lazy.

The new Sith lightsaber and the new droid seem very prequel-ish to me. Why aren't fans up in arms about this? (I don't mind the droid, the saber seems silly, non-functional and more about trying to mimic what Maul's saber did for many of us).

This whole thing just seems uninspired, lacking in originality and rote. I was so excited to watch this and after the initial rush... while I still want to see more (now), I'm left feeling that they're doing this wrong.

Can see hints of the old E-11. Mag, T-trac, scope and mount, etc... But black and white?

ive a suspicion, as prior mentioned, the full trailer, not this little teaser, will hit the Super Bowl. Thats when youll see the OT characters. For a teaser, there is actually a poop ton full of critical spoiler worthy material there. But of course that wont be known until the movie is released.

How many trailers have we seen in the past, for whatever movie, that doesn't have ANY of the teaser material in the actual movie? This is just a teaser. And I am speechless! Loving it!

- - - Updated - - -

In the first scene of the trailer it looks like someone just woke up...

One heck of a nightmare!

Wow, some people can't accept the fact that there are different canons going around. Anyways, hopefully JJ sets it straight so you guys can all follow his version of the story instead of holding on to some old version that isn't even universally accepted...

JD is complaining about something. Shocker.
Hey look - a new stalker. Are you following me around for a biography? Or are you just some random person that can't deal with my thoughts and comments - because there are plenty of things I've raved about, too.

I stated my thoughts and presented my reasons why... if you don't like it, put me on ignore.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back