Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Shut the **** up! Now... Vader, he's a spiritual brother, y'know, down with the force and all that good ****. Then, Skywalker, gets his hands on a light saber and the boy decides he's gonna run the f' universe; gets a whole clan of whites together. And they go and bust up Vader's hood, the Death Star. Now what do you call that?

Intergalactic civil war?

Take all the big name stars who want to be in Episode VII and put them in Stormtrooper armor. Have a clip on the special features of the blu-ray where they reveal just who exactly is under the helmets.

I think JJ posing with all those actors is just a big mindf*** campaign to mislead us...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This might be just two random people hanging out on independence day.

https://www.facebook.com/rickygerva...9390455851982/275446279246399/?type=1&theater

Or it could mean Ricky Gervais has a part in star wars.

ya well, Kevin Smith went there to visit too....doesn't mean he's in it... a lot of actors will visit other movie sets... can JJ not have friends come over and check things out? :D

I know if I was in the biz I'd invite my friends or accept my buds request to come over for a show off day as well! Treat Williams was In ESB but no one could see or recognize him...

ya well, Kevin Smith went there to visit too....doesn't mean he's in it... a lot of actors will visit other movie sets... can JJ not have friends come over and check things out? :D

I know if I was in the biz I'd invite my friends or accept my buds request to come over for a show off day as well! Treat Williams was In ESB but no one could see or recognize him...

Seriously, the man has a life an relationships with other people. Enough with the hyperbole that everyone who takes a pic with him is in the film or that JJ is doing this intentionally, that's the stupidest thing I have heard all day….and I have been surfing the internet this morning so that is saying something.

Seriously, the man has a life an relationships with other people. Enough with the hyperbole that everyone who takes a pic with him is in the film or that JJ is doing this intentionally, that's the stupidest thing I have heard all day….and I have been surfing the internet this morning so that is saying something.
Wait, you're in the movie too?!

Very cool...

....but lets get back to Kevin Smith....he has done another interview where he goes into more detail of what he saw on set

This news has got me very excited and I even mentioned my hopes that this would happen on a thread here somewhere:

Kevin Smith was doing a Q&A at the Neuchatel International Film Festival in Switzerland, where he shared even more bits about his Episode 7 set visit…

Here’s an excerpt from the Q&A via /Film:
What I saw, I absolutely loved. It was tactile — it was real. It wasn’t a series of ****ing green screens and blue screens in which later a bunch of digital characters would be added. IT was there, it was happening. I saw old friends who I haven’t seen since my childhood, who aren’t really friends, but I love them more than some of my ****ing relatives. I saw uniforms, I saw artillery I haven’t seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that was real. I walked across the set, there were explosions. And it looked like a shot right out of a Star Wars movie.

Smith talked about visiting Stage M at pinewood, where they were not filming that day, where he visited the set of the Millennium Falcon:
He turns the lights on and there is the Millennium Falcon from my childhood. Now the ship outside looks like a movie set, but the inside, fully replicated, fully built. The guy told me, they took two blueprints: Star Wars and Empire, because the cockpit in Empire was bigger than the cockpit in Star Wars. So they went somewhere between the two. So he takes me over and I’m just looking at it. You look at it from the outside and you can still see inside. I don’t presume we’re going aboard or anything, and then Morgan (JJ’s assistant) says “You ready to go up?” I said (excitedly) “We can go on it?!”

As I walked up that ramp I realized that the something that was missing from those other movies (the prequels) and its now in these movies. And its not the obvious like hey the Millennium Falcon or hey the characters that we know are returning. Its something else entirely — he’s building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And hes replicating with all the love of someone who has the world’s greatest collection of Star Wars figures. And when you walk on that set man, I don’t know how else to describe it except thusly: you use another pop culture reference to describe this pop culture phenomenon. Its like the field of dreams, the Kevin Costner movie. And if JJ builds it, we’re all going to come hard, because its amazing. It looks fantastic. So anyone out there wondering if hes going to pull it off, hes pulling it off. He showed me cut scenes, he showed me sequences, images, pictures. I cried and I hugged that guy. And I’m sure as I was crying and hugging on him that he was thinking “time is money” because theyre making a movie. But he got it. He was very flattered. And I was like “Honestly dude, you’re doing it. You’re making my childhood again. You’re doing our Star Wars. What I saw, blew me away.

[video]http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9116901/KevinSmithMasterclass/videos/55760968[/video]

:D
J

I have been very cautiously optimistic about this from the beginning, but everything I've seen and heard so far has done nothing but reinforce my optimism. I think this movie will dethrone Avatar.

I love Kevin Smith, his movies, and everything he is saying about Episode VII, but I remember him praising the prequels.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back