Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

LOL! JJ takes secrecy very seriously, it's going to be an interesting 2 years of development and production. And it's not like Trek fans are any less rabid about info then SW fans.

I can totally agree with and appreciate secrecy when it comes to things like plot spoilers and the sort. I completely gorged out
on anything and everything that came along with the prequels to the point of practically knowing the movie(s) before entering the theater, so not knowing the details of Episode VII will be a plus. I just don't think knowing whether or not Han, Carrie or Mark are in the movie is of the same magnitude since we already virtually know the answer anyway...

141 pages and almost no information to go on. I think that's a new RPF record. Of course we can generate that many pages talking about the correct screws for something. :lol

141 pages and almost no information to go on. I think that's a new RPF record. Of course we can generate that many pages talking about the correct screws for something. :lol

Hey Jason,

You are now charged with the responsibility of finding the info we are to go on... :) :) :)

And we still have 2 years left before the movie comes out. By then we will have another RPF record with the thread page count. :p

I don't know, he's never really played along with it before which is why I tend to think he's in...
You're probably right, but from what I've read Ford has a good sense of humor and his "playing along" could be nothing more than his way of jerking the fans' chains for his own amusement. ;)

But seriously, my guess is they're all being coy about it because Disney wants to make some form of "big" announcement (as Lucas has previously alluded to) and they're all sworn to secrecy until then.

I really am NOT looking forward to seeing Harrison Ford playing hero at 71 or 72. I hope they're barely involved in any new films. Certainly, I don't want to see grand sacrifices and the killing off of my childhood heroes and such. Screw that.

I really am NOT looking forward to seeing Harrison Ford playing hero at 71 or 72. I hope they're barely involved in any new films. Certainly, I don't want to see grand sacrifices and the killing off of my childhood heroes and such. Screw that.

I could go for Han in a scene like "listen kid, I fought my battles, this one is yours. I'm too old for this sh**." and then see him an Chewie fly off in the Falcon. Any more than that or if we see him as some grand General married to Leia and I can't see how it won't suck.

I could go for Han in a scene like "listen kid, I fought my battles, this one is yours. I'm too old for this sh**." and then see him an Chewie fly off in the Falcon. Any more than that or if we see him as some grand General married to Leia and I can't see how it won't suck.

I agree... I have a feeling that Han might be killed off per his agreement to rejoin the cast. This death would certainly catapult "someone" (offspring, friend, etc) to the dark side. Didn't Ford always want Han to die in the original trilogy?

All the more reason why this is a bad idea to include him at all. Including him PURELY for a "Murtaugh Moment" is just cheap cameo casting. If they include him to kill him off, then it's a great way to **** off fans of the originals.

It's just a bad idea. Harry should sit this one out. Fine if he wants to have fun with the wookiee jokes and whatnot, but enough is enough. He's transitioning to roles that are less badasses and more older counselor types. That's fine, but that's also NOT Indiana Jones nor Han Solo. If he's moving in that direction in his career, I say godspeed, but leave the past behind.

Look at it this way. Go fire up A View to a Kill and tell me -- anyone -- how enamored you are of a geriatric Bond and a geriatric Moneypenny. Anyone digging that? Didn't think so.

LET IT GO.

Not a single piece of confirmed info on the movie aside from JJ Abrams as director, and people are already predicting the downfall of the ST.

Look at it this way. Go fire up A View to a Kill and tell me -- anyone -- how enamored you are of a geriatric Bond and a geriatric Moneypenny. Anyone digging that? Didn't think so.

LET IT GO.

Truer words have n'er been spoken. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Not a single piece of confirmed info on the movie aside from JJ Abrams as director, and people are already predicting the downfall of the ST.

I don't see anyone predicting downfall here. If nothing else I find the general vibe to be optimistic. Hell, can't be worse than the prequels and JJ despite his failings does know how to make a film entertaining.

All I see is people mentioning what they would like not to see. ;)

All I see is people mentioning what they would like not to see. ;)

And there's no way on earth that everyone is going to be pleased no matter which way it goes, and I'm doubting that JJ is worried about
achieving that unobtainable goal anyway...

With all that said... :), Han and Leia shouldn't be married, with kids or without. The EU was fine for what it was, but I don't think Han and
Leia made it too far past the destruction of the Death Star II before they found out they were nothing more than just caught up in the hoopla of
the moment. Leia wasn't the type to be tied down and neither really was Han. They should be in the movie in some capacity, but not as husband and wife.

Yet another reason why I'd just as soon not see Han in the new film. Or Leia, for that matter. Mention them as off-screen characters or something and leave it at that. This notion that we have to include them because....um...we have to...doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Yet another reason why I'd just as soon not see Han in the new film. Or Leia, for that matter. Mention them as off-screen characters or something and leave it at that. This notion that we have to include them because....um...we have to...doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I don't think we have to include them, I only think it would be nice to, in the nostalgic sense that I'd really like to go into a Star Wars
movie and have it feel like Star Wars again, something the prequels failed at with me. Perhaps there are ways that it could feel like SW without
the gratuitous inclusions, but if only a fleeting pass before the camera, it would be nice to see the gang again in some capacity.

Edit: ^I don't know why my type is coming out that way...:confused

I'm on the record as saying the only original cast member we really need (or in fact I want to see) for continuation is Luke. We'll have to wait and see though!

I'm on the record as saying the only original cast member we really need (or in fact I want to see) for continuation is Luke. We'll have to wait and see though!

At the end of the day I can't say I disagree, but I'm betting we get all three, if not a "fourth"...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back