Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I can almost hear George Lucas mumbling "That's what they were supposed to be all along ... (under his breath) silly fans always trying to see things in those movies instead of simply understanding my vision"

Likely! :lol

Things are just almost always better when left to the imagination of the viewer. ;)

Likely! :lol

Things are just almost always better when left to the imagination of the viewer. ;)

Sometimes, but not always. I think that some things are fine to explain, as long as it's a good, well thought explanation. Other cases I do feel it's best left alone not so much because of the whole mystery aspect but because there's just not enough to a given character or characters that any further explanation would do anything for them. Jabba is a good example of a character that doesn't need any more explanation because we already know all we need to know about him, he's a big time crime boss and is kind of a perv, there's not really anything else that could make him any more interesting. Boba Fett, on the other, could easily be fleshed out more and be made even more bad ass, if done properly. Instead we see him portrayed as borderline incompetent in Jedi and we learn very little of real interest or use in the Prequels when we learn that he's a clone of Jango.

UH-GREED! Just as RotJ is the weakest of OT... The Two Towers is the weakest of LotR...

And here I think Two Towers is the strongest! :lol

Fellowship is pretty boring and ROTK is so full of itself I find myself rolling my eyes. TT has the best battle of them all so it's my favourite.

And here I think Two Towers is the strongest! :lol

Fellowship is pretty boring and ROTK is so full of itself I find myself rolling my eyes. TT has the best battle of them all so it's my favourite.

I agree with everything in the above statement. The battle of Helms Deep was fantastic.

ESB strongest OT film for me, TT strongest LOTR film for me. TPM: major let down, The Hobbit: major let down, see a pattern? ;)
(I had to at least mention star wars :lol)

I'd like to join in this discussion of Star Wars = Lord of the Rings, but I don't have a dog in that fight. J.R.R. Tolkien is the most boring, long-winded author I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to read, so I haven't seen any of the movies. Well, to be honest, that's not entirely true. I tried to watch The Fellowship of the Ring when it came to cable, but I fell asleep for about an hour somewhere in the middle. When I woke up they were still frackin' walking to somewhere, so I changed the channel. :sleep

I'd like to join in this discussion of Star Wars = Lord of the Rings, but I don't have a dog in that fight. J.R.R. Tolkien is the most boring, long-winded author I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to read, so I haven't seen any of the movies. Well, to be honest, that's not entirely true. I tried to watch The Fellowship of the Ring when it came to cable, but I fell asleep for about an hour somewhere in the middle. When I woke up they were still frackin' walking to somewhere, so I changed the channel. :sleep

^:lol:lol (God I hate these stupid emoticons...)

I'm of the mind if you've seen LOTR once, you've seen enough. I think they were well done pretty much across the board, but still, they never captured me the way Star Wars did, and still does...

^:lol:lol (God I hate these stupid emoticons...)

I'm of the mind if you've seen LOTR once, you've seen enough. I think they were well done pretty much across the board, but still, they never captured me the way Star Wars did, and still does...

I didn't mean they were bad, I've watched them twice. It's just that they have a lot of slow places that LOTR fans may love, but for the general public they maybe should have been edited out. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy like LOTR and Dungeons & Dragons type stuff though.

Harrison will be on Letterman Weds night promoting 42. I just left the taping, Dave asked about ep VIi, and he totally dodged again.

Harrison will be on Letterman Weds night promoting 42. I just left the taping, Dave asked about ep VIi, and he totally dodged again.
While chances are good the original trio are returning for the new trilogy, it has not been made official by Disney nor Lucasfilm. So of course he dodged the question and will continue to do so until it is announced. I'm sure one way or another a non-disclosure aggreement has been made between the actors and the studio, anyway.

I'd rather he dodge the question than diss the series.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back