Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Lucas played a role in breaking that didn't he?

He did at least for his own movies, and rightly so I'd say. I'm not sure how much homage the rest of the industry paid to him in dropping any requirements on their own, though.

anyone Catch Mark Hamill with George Takei on The Neighbors tonight? Mark was looking a little um, Bill Shatner-ish :D

He's not the Mark of days gone by, but he doesn't look nearly as bad as some other photos I've seen of him lately, so there's hope for Ep. VII...

Last edited:

No Peter Jackson. We'd get a movie split into three, three hour segments where the majority is the cast walking across mountains.

I don't get the King Kong hate...i loved that movie. As far a Jackson doing a Star Wars movie, no thank you.

I don't get the King Kong hate...i loved that movie. As far a Jackson doing a Star Wars movie, no thank you.

PJ prooves time and time again that he's one of the best VISUAL directors making films today. However everything else, acting, scripts, etc. is flat as hell. King Kong is a character that you are supposed to fear until a tragedy befalls him and then you realize that he never did anything wrong, he was taken out of his environment and tried to cling on to something he loved. The subtlety of that last message is the key to the whole thing working.

In the original they had one powerful line at the very end of the film that tied it into a bow for the viewer: "T'was beauty that killed the beast."

It's powerful because it's a realization too late of what has happened.

In PJ's version Jack Black (big mistake to begin with) says it about 5 times throughout the film completely ruining it's significance. The script beats you over the head with exactly what it wants to say in every scene without using any subtext or trusting the viewer to get there on their own. It's just so full of stuff that doesn't need to be there that I found myself wanting to leave the theatre.

On mute it's fantastic. :lol

Because Jedi have proven so interesting so far?

They were pretty interesting in the OT anyway... :lol

Like anything, if you reveal too much about them they lose their appeal. In the PT they're just religious policemen with a high amount of a specific bacteria.

They were pretty interesting in the OT anyway... :lol

Like anything, if you reveal too much about them they lose their appeal. In the PT they're just religious policemen with a high amount of a specific bacteria.

I can almost hear George Lucas mumbling "That's what they were supposed to be all along ... (under his breath) silly fans always trying to see things in those movies instead of simply understanding my vision"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back