Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

"I will fulfill OUR destiny..."

Interesting wording..

As I said there's a lot of sense of Kylo being a Vader clone,I kinda doubt the tech to clone was just tossed aside after the clone wars true they may have dropped in importance as they needed WAY more troops then cloning could provide but for certain uses it would be invaluable (Imperial guards for example,or commando type troopers) and if no one said anything in the original films how would we know?

At the end of ROTJ when the Empire was probably scrambling to reorganize it would make sense that maybe some bright spark thought "you'know Lord Vader was a bad arse in his day,we have some DNA of his why not do some cloning?" maybe it worked,maybe it didn't,maybe it worked TOO well and we've got this obsessed fruit cake running around.

And what if Vader had an apprentice? what if this person decided the best way to carry the Sith on was to clone his (or her) master,raise it and tell them "Vader was your daddy" now the boy has a raging urge to go finish poppa's work?

I think you could do a lot of interesting things that would make stuff very complicated,God you could have so many of the people not only pro Empire but pro Sith and that's how the Order of Ren starts,a bunch of Sith practitioners making a knight like order,maybe Ren is the one who cloned and raised Kylo and founded the order.

No thats not Tatooine, the same way that wasn't Khan in Into Darkness:facepalm

can you give me another example? i never saw the second star trek lol

Jakku
Jakku was a desert planet located in a remote section of the Outer Rim Territories. The planet was the home of thieves, outlaws and scavengers. Jakku was an isolated desert world in the Outer Rim, with Wheel Races in the north and mining…
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku

Battle of Jakku
Source] The Battle of Jakku took place just over a year after the Battle of Endor between the forces of the New Republic and the Galactic Empire…
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jakku

yes, I know it is Jakku

That was my sarcasm pointing out that JJ is essentially remaking the first Star Wars movie and just pretending it's not the same story, settings and plot the same way he tried to tell us Star Trek into Darkness was not a remake of Wrath of Khan

We've got a desert planet, shots of setting suns, vaporators, an orphan who must learn how to use the force leaving their home after it is destroyed by the bad guys who are looking for something, and they getting involved in a rebellion/resistance to destroy a giant super weapon

If there are clones of anyone I'm walking out. That's a tired old thing that was done to death in the old EU. It's even more cheap than a second Death Star.

I love that shot with the camera POV like it's stuck to the side of the X-Wing!

Rey's lines seem very choppy and spliced together in the scene when she is talking to BB8. So the "waiting" and "family" references may not be related in that dialogue piece.

Also agree with the Hi my name is Finn and Hi my name is Rey moment differs from what people were thinking that Finn is a TK designation.

Nice to see more Chewie!! Leia!! C-3P0!!

If there are clones of anyone I'm walking out. That's a tired old thing that was done to death in the old EU. It's even more cheap than a second Death Star.

Unfortunately with the prequels the whole clone thing can of worms has been opened up,also the clones pretty much proved the whole blind loyalty thing with order 66 I don't see someone like Palpy just tossing that aside and not using it in some capacity.

And some people (Sith) may be looking to rewrite the rules a bit so having an "heir" to someone and having a blood line may be the thing they go for-all I care is if they handle it more like Kylo has something like love for his father and that's his motivation rather then Vader 2.0 or Palpy comes back to life for round two.

And if he's Luke's brother? talk about a rough fight.

He's not a clone. They'd of just cast Hayden again . . . right? Right? ;)

Whatever happens, if this mysterious synopsis is right or wrong, this new trailer was the trailer I wanted to see. Much more exciting. It appeals much more to the kid in me that fell in love with a princess in danger, lightsabers, Jedi, blasters, and droids.

I cannot wait to put my butt in that seat and for the lights to dim. I just can't wait.

So who is going to take these new scenes and splice them into that 4:30 Star Wars - The Force Awakens extended trailer which practically, kind of, tells us what the movie will be like???

He's not a clone. They'd of just cast Hayden again . . . right? Right? ;)

I dunno they are using a lot of the concept stuff from the first movie (ANH) so maybe this is what Vader was to originally be? doesn't Kylo take his helmet off? like Vader was going to?

And Luke was going to be female? (Rey) so a lot of possibilities which I like,my idea is just something you could weave together from the old clone wars days,the middle films,and now this new part.

Considering this early concept-Vader, I'd say his closest analogue in TFA is Phasma:

261_zpsxsyzgjw2.jpg

In other news, it's a little thing, but the same guy who helped build the R2-D2 for TFA is also giving us the first two "R6" droids in canon (more or less -- the source material is contradictory, and he did them with eight top hatches, not realizing that was a misinterpretation a later artist had of earlier material showing them with six... which he said he wishes he'd known, as that would have been easier to make):

main.php

--Jonah

Unfortunately with the prequels the whole clone thing can of worms has been opened up,also the clones pretty much proved the whole blind loyalty thing with order 66 I don't see someone like Palpy just tossing that aside and not using it in some capacity.

And some people (Sith) may be looking to rewrite the rules a bit so having an "heir" to someone and having a blood line may be the thing they go for-all I care is if they handle it more like Kylo has something like love for his father and that's his motivation rather then Vader 2.0 or Palpy comes back to life for round two.

And if he's Luke's brother? talk about a rough fight.

I don't care about the clone army, just cloning famous SW characters. I would hope that there is some block to cloning a Force user, as the old EU (after AOTC came out) alluded to. I'm guessing that since the Sith were trying to get the midichlorians (I know sorry...) to create life, that cloners aren't able to copy a Force user.

The Japanese Trailer seems to cater to the Japanese penchant for toys like BB8, plus the new things they show (and we hear) play to the Japanese psyche, in my opinion. It is targeted marketing, pure and simple. And you can't quibble about them saying the last Trailer we saw in the US was the "Last Official US Trailer before release", because this one was for the Japanese market, not the US. Perhaps we will see another "targeted" Trailer from another worldwide release area as well.

The latest TV spot showing the Falcon blasting through the tree's was also confirmed in the story synopsis. So much of what has been speculated has come to pass.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back