Star Wars: Battlefront

I just played the we Jakku map for a couple of hours last night. Holy crud, it's beautiful. It's not just a retread of an old map. A lot of love went into this one...
If you can play it on PC with 40 players that's the way to go. It's a big map.
So I just bought the season pass.

I still haven't been able to play the Jakku mission on my xb1 deluxe edition. Really upset my deluxe purchase amounted to a DL-44 blaster. Such a waste.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I still haven't been able to play the Jakku mission on my xb1 deluxe edition. Really upset my deluxe purchase amounted to a DL-44 blaster. Such a waste.

Deluxe includes the ion rocket launcher thingie (very handy) and the ion grenade.

Apparently more people are playing Battlefront on PS4 than PC and Xbox 3 COMBINED

To be fair, most of the marketing was heavily PS focused. Anytime you saw a video, it had a Playstation logo or lead in before the video.. but yeah.. it's been crushing in numbers. you can see how many people are currently on, playing at any given time as well as peak within 24 hours here:

http://swbstats.com/

To be fair, most of the marketing was heavily PS focused. Anytime you saw a video, it had a Playstation logo or lead in before the video.. but yeah.. it's been crushing in numbers. you can see how many people are currently on, playing at any given time as well as peak within 24 hours here:

http://swbstats.com/
But the PC game version is the best experience.
Play it on PC if you have a chance is what I say.

Last edited:
Are people primarily in third person or first person view when they're playing as ground units? I've been playing it as first person shooter

I play in 3rd person and I think it helps. I see players dodging my bullets left to right, being in 3 rd person help you duplicate the movements plus you get a little broader view of whats going on. It was different at first but only took a few games to get used to it.

The music in the game is so great, it gets me pumped for every battle.

I have the settings set to first person as default. Does the console version default to 3rd?
Or did you mean for multiplayer?

I mean, on a multiplayer server, can you look for servers that force you to play in 1st person and don't allow 3rd person (Except for vehicles)?

I mean, on a multiplayer server, can you look for servers that force you to play in 1st person and don't allow 3rd person (Except for vehicles)?
I don't think so.
I accept that other players might be using 3rd person - it doesn't matter much to me. Even if it's a tactical advantage for them I prefer the immediacy of first person. If this is like tho other BF games it's also advantageous to play with a console controller which applies a degree of "auto-aim." I own a controller but still prefer mouse and keyboard because it affords more personal control. I'm all about the immersive experience.

I don't think so.
I accept that other players might be using 3rd person - it doesn't matter much to me. Even if it's a tactical advantage for them I prefer the immediacy of first person. If this is like tho other BF games it's also advantageous to play with a console controller which applies a degree of "auto-aim." I own a controller but still prefer mouse and keyboard because it affords more personal control. I'm all about the immersive experience.

I didn't figure they did, but thought I'd ask. In the beta, you could do either, but that was the beta. Sometimes games like these let you play on "hardcore" servers where the weapons are more lethal, or you're locked in to first person view only or whathaveyou.

I'm so used to doing "aim down sights" (ADS) in games like this that I find the fact that ADS does nothing to improve your conefire to make it kind of pointless.

I do still prefer the first person and mouse+keyboard combo, though. I find that the "aim assist" is really more of your console controller kind of dragging the crosshair towards your target slightly when you're generally in the region for a hit. You still have the conefire to contend with, though.

I play in 3rd person and I think it helps. I see players dodging my bullets left to right, being in 3 rd person help you duplicate the movements plus you get a little broader view of whats going on. It was different at first but only took a few games to get used to it.

The music in the game is so great, it gets me pumped for every battle.

Since I switched I'm killing more than being killed lol

That's awesome I started killing more too. I've played all my games first person, this is the first time I tried 3rd person. I thought it would take away from the immersive part but it does not for me. You get to see your little guys awesome stormtrooper suit.

Well I waited. My deluxe game hasn't yet worked after trying cold reboots and reinstalls for the Jakku battle. Got online last night and played til 3am waiting for this to open up to the public and still nothing. EA servers were down. Great stuff.

Well I waited. My deluxe game hasn't yet worked after trying cold reboots and reinstalls for the Jakku battle. Got online last night and played til 3am waiting for this to open up to the public and still nothing. EA servers were down. Great stuff.

And they wonder why nobody wants always on gaming and digital only distribution. Mass Effect 2 was always down thanks to bad servers from EA.

Odd. Did you go into the addons menu in origin and link the content? There should be a jakku icon there. (This is AFTER downloading it.)

I have it on Xbox One, not PC. This should be an easy peasy switchover. I don't know why this is so hard to make work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back