Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

It's been confirmed. Cumberbatch is playing the Friendly Angel.
FriendlyAngel2_zpsdb294821.jpg

...he does start the film out saving a childs life like he did with the children in that episode....

Exactly. I hear Adele has signed on to sing an updated version of the song to summon the angel.

"Hail, hail, fire and snow, call the angel, we will go, far away, for to see, friendly angel come to me."

Yeah, Garth has been discussed and it would make sense. The only problem is the production team, I think it was Orci, already said it's either Khan, Mitchell, Mudd, or Trelane. Of course he could have been lying his butt of as well. :)

The screenplay has changed numerous times since Orci and Kurtzman first turned it in as well. I know they idolize the method used to compose the screenplay for the original Trek 2: WOK. Going back and reviewing "unfinished" stories started by TOS - I'm not looking forward to any original characters concieved by this new team - Nero was shallow and somewhat 2 dimensional -

*watches teaser again*

Uh, question. What exactly is Kirk's loyalty to Starfleet and the Federation? All of this talk about disobeying the rules, being a pain in the a**,
lying in his log book,
violating regulations ect. So far a good chunk of this movie doesn't even look like it takes place on the Enterprise, since we know that Kirk, Spock and Uhura go rogue, get their own warp capable ship and pursue Cumberbatch's character on their own. If Kirk doesn't like any of the rules, doesn't follow any regulations or adhere to any code of conduct, why doesn't he just get his own ship that isn't a part of Starfleet or the Federation? Okana had his own ship that didn't adhere to Federation protocol, and he still managed to bring two conflicting planets together. And just like Okana, I find Kirk to be an insufferable a-hole.

At that rate he'll get promoted to Admiral just to get him off the bridge of a starship, since he'll undoubtedly save Earth again and it'd be a PR nightmare to court martial him following that. Actually, are we sure that's not what happened to Kirk in the Prime universe before TMP? They did it to Janeway :lol

Yeah, Garth has been discussed and it would make sense. The only problem is the production team, I think it was Orci, already said it's either Khan, Mitchell, Mudd, or Trelane. Of course he could have been lying his butt of as well. :)

I believe the Horta was also mentioned at some point. I can't see that happening.

New Detailed spoilers for first 38 min -

Star Trek Into Darkness: Extended Footage Reaction | TotalFilm.com

the description in the article seems to indicate that John Harris is indeed an augment and probably a decendant of Khans. It says the girl recieves some sort of blood transfusion from Harrison and is restored to full strength....Seems to indicate some sort of augment to me.

Im guessing Harrison ends up finding the botany bay or something by the end of the film.
Also says Harrisons plan was to get all the Starfleet captians in one room....Probably to reduce the chances of any captain stumbling upon Khans ship on any upcoming missions, or to prevent them from going after Harrison

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back