Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Like the TOS actually had continuity. :lol

It did.

In the season 2 episode "By Any Other Name", Kirk recalls Spock's ability from the season 1 episode "A Taste of Armageddon"

KIRK: On Eminiar Seven, you were able to trick the guard by a Vulcan mind probe.
SPOCK: Yes, I recall, Captain. I led him to believe we had escaped.

The last episode, "Turnabout Intruder" had callbacks to not one, but two episodes.

JANICE: Spock, when I was caught in the interspace of the Tholian Sector, you risked your life and the Enterprise to get me back. Help me get back now. When the Vians of Minara demanded that we let Bones die, we didn't permit it.

Kirk also made a call back to the "The Corbomite Maneuver" in "The Deadly Years".

KIRK: Message. From Enterprise to Starfleet Command this sector. Have inadvertently encroached upon Romulan Neutral Zone. Surrounded and under heavy Romulan attack. Escape impossible, shields failing. Will implement destruct order using corbomite device recently installed.

It did.

In the season 2 episode "By Any Other Name", Kirk recalls Spock's ability from the season 1 episode "A Taste of Armageddon"

The last episode, "Turnabout Intruder" had callbacks to not one, but two episodes.

Kirk also made a call back to the "The Corbomite Maneuver" in "The Deadly Years".

It had some continuity. Character and race continuity was not always perfect.

In A Taste of Armageddon Kirk heeds the request of Eminiar Seven to stay away from the planet. When told to disregard the request he tells Ambassador Fox “Mister Fox, it is their planet.”

In Spectre of the Gun Kirk ignores the Melkotian message to stay away from the planet stating “Our orders are very clear. We're to establish contact with the Melkotians at all costs.”

James R. Kirk
James T. Kirk

In Errand of Mercy the Klingon’s invade the planet and take over.
In A Private Little War the Klingon’s are far more subtle and un-Klingon like as they arm one of the tribes with flintlocks.

Last edited:
Two months out, and we're still only getting teasers. Shouldn't we have gotten a full story trailer by now? Or are they just that serious about keeping Cumberbatch's character a secret? I don't see the big deal.

It looks good in a JJ Trek kind of way.

I hope Cumberbatch ends up playing a totally new character and the whole thing was just smoke and mirrors to cause silly speculation and fits of uber fandom. :lol

It looks good in a JJ Trek kind of way.

I hope Cumberbatch ends up playing a totally new character and the whole thing was just smoke and mirrors to cause silly speculation and fits of uber fandom. :lol

I agree, I hope it's a new character, it's the least they could do.
You know....be creative? :lol

I hear Garth is a real cry baby.

whiner_zps0c7ac9d1.gif

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back