Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Well, if you can compare what LEGO spends in terms of producing their bricks compared to what Mega Blocks and KRE-O spends to make theirs, I'll listen to your false claim. Until than, I've seen pieces from all three companies and I can tell you that LEGO is made of much higher quality. Higher Quality = More Cost.

Well, if you can compare what LEGO spends in terms of producing their bricks compared to what Mega Blocks and KRE-O spends to make theirs, I'll listen to your false claim. Until than, I've seen pieces from all three companies and I can tell you that LEGO is made of much higher quality. Higher Quality = More Cost.

I don't want to get into a debate about Lego. :lol

I'll just say that it has nothing to do with comparative costs with other companies, plastic blocks are cheap to mass produce. Even the good ones. We're talking pennies.

I don't want to get into a debate about Lego. :lol

I'll just say that it has nothing to do with comparative costs with other companies, plastic blocks are cheap to mass produce. Even the good ones. We're talking pennies.

They also have to
a) Turn a profit
b) Pay model makers
c) Pay the bean-counters
d) Pay the box designers
e) Print the Minifig torsos (that's where the real money happens)

The fact that the licence went to Kreo is a real shame. Had it gone to LEGO, I would have bought a bunch. I once made the mistake of buying a Megablocks set. Never again. The pieces didn't fit together well and the plastic was cheap.

Take a look back. I was simply stating that making the plastic blocks is cheap:

and neither are the bricks
False.

However, 'cause I love a good debate...

They also have to
a) Turn a profit

Of course, and a hefty one at that.

b) Pay model makers

Less than you'd think. 90% of kits are specifically designed around existing pieces. Different colours perhaps but same molds.

c) Pay the bean-counters

Yep. Same cost as any other company though.

d) Pay the box designers

Yep, nothing unique here.

e) Print the Minifig torsos (that's where the real money happens)

Real money? Nah, they've got a setup and it's as easy to them as printing on paper. Load a file, print, check for quality. Same as any other company that prints on plastic.

But even after all that I return to my initial comment. Is a company that produces a cheaper product really worth despising? Or, as Jeyl suggested, that not even being harsh enough?

Just realized, we're 4 weeks from release and talking about the differences between Lego and Megablocks? Damn...

Sorry guys, let's move on.

Movie is gonna be good right? :lol

Just realized, we're 4 weeks from release and talking about the differences between Lego and Megablocks? Damn...

Sorry guys, let's move on.

Movie is gonna be good right? :lol

And JJ is still laughing his ass of we have no idea "who" John Harrison is! Waiting for STAR WARS news is going to be brutal....

Waiting for STAR WARS news is going to be brutal....

It will be interesting to compare his treatment of Star Wars to how he's treated Star Trek in a promotional sense. Will he declare that the next Star Wars movie is being made only for movie fans and not Star Wars fans? Will he treat this movie in a way that you wouldn't need to see the previous films? Will he even mention the fact that he's making a Star Wars movie?

I'll tell you one thing, at least he won't resort to using Earth as a means of getting the audience to relate to the film....... Well, that's the hope.

I'll tell you one thing, at least he won't resort to using Earth as a means of getting the audience to relate to the film....... Well, that's the hope.

For the life of me, I can't understand your issue with that. It's not even on my radar as far as how I view this new film and I find your critique of JJ lacking, and I am not even a fanboy of his.

Oh boy :). The movie screens tomorrow in LA.

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/326103273419444225

RT @devincf : STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS screens in LA tomorrow for select press, premieres overseas on Tuesday. You'll all know it's Khan by Wednesday

RT @devincf: There will probably be other spoilers revealed, but not by me. I will say this: never underestimate a Tribble.

Last edited:
Wait a minute...

I didn't click the link in the spoiler, but does this mean that "John Harrison" is actually...

Cyrano Jones?

cyrano-jones.jpg

He's a mean intergalactic trader now! :eek

Kevin

Seems like every movie is opening in Europe before here these days. I'll catch it on dvd in a few months but i'm hoping to see a new Enterprise at the end.

Well, we should get an answer as to who Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing in a few hours. Final thoughts?

I haven't budged:

I HOPE he's not Khan. (Regardless of if Khan is in the film or teased for future film, which I would love. )
I BELIEVE he is Robert April.

Help AICN Celebrate the awesome Peter Weller with Peter Weller & STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS & ROBOCOP - Ain't It Cool News

"On Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 at 7pm - At the Highland Galaxy in Austin, Texas - 299 of you will get to be amongst the earliest denizens of Earth to see STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and not only that. But we get to be blessed with the amazing Peter Weller, who is not only the star of ROBOCOP, but yes, he also shines in STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! "

I am avoiding the villain's identity as long as I can, just to see whether I can experience the revelation at the theatre, but it will slowly start being mentioned on FB and Twitter.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back