New Book: The Making Of Star Trek II

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had no idea that this was coming and ordered it today.

IMG_1197.jpeg

Anyone already receive a copy?

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: The Making of the Classic Film (Star Trek, 2)
Amazon.com

Wow—I have to hand it to Amazon, that was a record fast delivery.

IMG_1208.jpeg

My first thoughts, after having skimmed the book…this is a definite “must have” with a ton of production photos that I had never seen as well as details I had never heard before (I had no idea that WOK had any other reshoots other than the ending with Spock’s casket on the Genesis planet —including the fight between Kirk and David in the Regula Cave. I also didn’t know that Janice Wallace from “The Deadly Years” and The Romulan Commander from “The Enterprise Incident” were in early drafts of the script).

Sadly, there are no prop pictures, but it’s otherwise an outstanding book on the film.

Last edited:
How would you compare it to a Rinzler Star Wars BTS book? Does it get into as much detail as Rinzler did?

including the fight between Kirk and David in the Regula Cave.

I KNEW IT!
When I first saw production stills from back in the day of David pinning Kirk to the ground, I knew they had to have had shot it with Kirk losing as it is described in the novelization. And then when I looked at the fight again, the shots are composed so that you don't see any of the other characters who are ostensibly standing all around them, as if just those two were called back to reshoot. I was like, oooh, this scene got Shatnered!

Now, ILM had photos of their FX mastery.

One had Reliant trailing blood-like plasma from the severed nacelle mount...(sparks in the film)...a still of the neck hit...and one of phasers hitting the roll bar.

That in the book?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back