Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Well, that doesn't equate.
Sir Alec Guiness brought gravitas to SW, as did Peter Cushing, which played a part in the success of the movie. The one thing Star Wars no longer needs is famous faces to sell it, IMO it has the opposite effect. It throws you out of the 'fantasy' as your mind goes 'oh look it's that guy from.............'
I've said it before, there's too many famous actors out there that wanna piece of SW.

Well, duh.

I was merely stating that Woody has been around longer and, hence, has more experience than the other players. I fully realize that he has not one ounce of "gravitas". (God, I hate that word. Sounds so snooty.)

I have to agree with you, Greenie, about famous faces throwing you out of the film, though. But, I think it's just going to be that way for all the movies. Disney wants to make sure they cover all the bases. Which includes at least one famous actor. With or without gravitas. ;)

I have no issue with Woody per se, but overall the casting for this film is.....

I'll just lower my head and do a very long sigh.
(I did the same with Heath being cast as the Joker, boy was I wrong at that time)

No no no
WH as Han, to famous and recognisable from other movies and characters, for me personally it should have been a younger unknown and look like ( ish ) actor we could have grown to like as the younger and recognised him as a younger Han not as WH from cheers and other movies trying to be Han please don't get me wrong I like WH but as Han it ain't going to work for me
AND why a back story for Han, does the SW franchise really need it or is it just going to be another money spinner with the SW name all over it that does nothing for us seasoned SW fans and will just flop into insignificance and you won't really need to see it because its of no relevance to the SW story (seem to remember an ewok movie that did the same) not sure I didn't watch it
I hope that Disney don't get to greedy and spit out any movie they can with SW plastered all over it and ruin the brilliance of the imagination of George Lucas just to make a buck or 2
is it me or are to many movies being made backwards !!! Will be watching SW in 30 years seeing yoda become a Jedi !!! Now there's a thought
The proof is in the pudding as they say over this side of the pond

No. WH has been cast in the movie but not as Han Solo. That would be mental! Alden Erinriech is playing HS (see Hail Ceasar) but IMO the characters and actors are so iconic and etched in to modern pop culture that this whole thing is a bad idea. Still, I wasn't hopeful about Gareth Edwards or RO but it turned out pretty good.

I'm waiting for the next prequel to this movie too, about the mom of Han Solo ...

No. WH has been cast in the movie but not as Han Solo. That would be mental! Alden Erinriech is playing HS (see Hail Ceasar) but IMO the characters and actors are so iconic and etched in to modern pop culture that this whole thing is a bad idea. Still, I wasn't hopeful about Gareth Edwards or RO but it turned out pretty good.
:facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for the next prequel to this movie too, about the mom of Han Solo ...
or a twist !!!!!
Han had a sister !!! :eek

:facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

or a twist !!!!!
Han had a sister !!! :eek

yep. why not......people won't be free to admit they disliked a lady character ;o)

Thracken Sal Solo was bad enough :)

- - - Updated - - -

No. WH has been cast in the movie but not as Han Solo. That would be mental! Alden Erinriech is playing HS (see Hail Ceasar) but IMO the characters and actors are so iconic and etched in to modern pop culture that this whole thing is a bad idea.

I agree. it'd be like watching a bad star trek fan film with wanna be actors portraying captain kirk.

Oh my:behave I just don't get the WH casting here guys...

Well, to be fair we don't "get" or know anything at all really. We have zero context and are simply speculating. We don't know the story, the tone, and how these characters are going to be portrayed, especially the new characters.

Well, to be fair we don't "get" or know anything at all really. We have zero context and are simply speculating. We don't know the story, the tone, and how these characters are going to be portrayed, especially the new characters.
Well to be unfair? Woody Harrelson kind of sucks so anything he will be portrayed in the Star Wars universe will make the movie suffer. Unless of course there is some doofy goober character nobody takes seriously. The only movie I like him in is Kingpin. And that was a perfect vehicle for him, he was ok in Zombieland but that was mostly Eisenberg and Stone. Thats just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

Well to be unfair? Woody Harrelson kind of sucks so anything he will be portrayed in the Star Wars universe will make the movie suffer. Unless of course there is some doofy goober character nobody takes seriously. The only movie I like him in is Kingpin. And that was a perfect vehicle for him, he was ok in Zombieland but that was mostly Eisenberg and Stone. Thats just my opinion of course.

Have you seen True Detective Series One?

J

yep. why not......people won't be free to admit they disliked a lady character ;o)

Thracken Sal Solo was bad enough :)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. it'd be like watching a bad star trek fan film with wanna be actors portraying captain kirk.

you just uncovered the plot of 8 and 9!

It was han's brother, who he thought was long dead, who learned the ways of the force. He turned his own son against him, ultimately killing him. That's right, Snoke is none other than THracken Sal! If you take the 9th, 8th, 13th, 6th, and 7th letters of his name, you get snoke!
How did we not see it sooner?? :)

you just uncovered the plot of 8 and 9!

It was han's brother, who he thought was long dead, who learned the ways of the force. He turned his own son against him, ultimately killing him. That's right, Snoke is none other than THracken Sal! If you take the 9th, 8th, 13th, 6th, and 7th letters of his name, you get snoke!
How did we not see it sooner?? :)

it would keep the 'evil villain in the family' plot line ;o)

No I have not. Is it on Netflix? Or HBO? Those are the only ways I can watch TV now a days.

HBO.....(or other internet ways...:rolleyes)

Woody is fantastic in it......made me appreciate him,....I would have thought of him exactly like most comments here before seeing him in this

J

HBO.....(or other internet ways...:rolleyes)

Woody is fantastic in it......made me appreciate him,....I would have thought of him exactly like most comments here before seeing him in this

J
Ill check it out, thanks for the recommendation, maybe it will change my mind. The only other movie I can think of where he did a "serious" role was No Country for Old Men, but he just played a smartass detective, and he only had about 4 minutes of actual screen time.

i learned today at lunch time from a friend that woody allen ( i mean Woody Harrelson) is being considered for a role model role for han? my friend is all upset over it. granted i dont care too much for woody, i really liked him in zombie land!! i thought he was awesome in it

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back