SHOW OFF THREAD :) Doctor Who War Doctor Sonic Screwdriver PROTO ALL METAL

Oh, yes!! For the love of all that is good and light, PLEASE sign me up for the first run!! The other two Sonics I've gotten from you are phenomenal, so I've no reason to expect anything less than your usual stellar quality. Please keep us all posted, Russ, and fantastic work!

Thanks!

DWL

Hi guys this is just the first one to get a feel, first I am just finishing the claw run then once we have got all the deatils I will offer a small run :)
Will post other pic next week of the better red part
Russ

Aha! Count me in on the first run. Your Baker is fantastic (glad to have one!) and as said before I'd be proud to have a War Doctor by you as well. :)

I cannot wait for a run. My Baker sonic is one of my favorite props. I can't imagine how awesome a Hurt sonic would be right next to it.

Just got the toy and decided to snap a pic with Russ' 4th Doctor Sonic. Needless to say I can't wait to get my hands on a Russ version of this.

eaeefc1a-8fff-4df0-9241-c483dba37581.jpg

I really can't wait until you start your next run of sonics, Russ. I am in for one guaranteed, more depending on what you offer!

Hi guys this is just the first one to get a feel, first I am just finishing the claw run then once we have got all the deatils I will offer a small run :)
Will post other pic next week of the better red part
Russ

Will you be offering other sonics at this time too?

I am definitely in! The toy may be accurate, but next to all the metal sonic screwdrivers it looks so lame. To be honest the prop in the Special is the kind of slapped together low budget prop the classic series would have done... so it's lameness is sort of a tribute.

Please don't flame me, I love the classic show and it's props. If you look at my threads most of my builds are classic Doctor Who props.

Hi Guys yes well I am going to offer a small run or war sonics that will be NON sound just like the Baker but it will be all machined metal with the bottom part being anodised red, and it will be spring working like the baker, :) then may be later on if all goes well do the sound one to?
Does that sound ok? thats not ment to be a joke....
Russ

Hi Guys yes well I am going to offer a small run or war sonics that will be NON sound just like the Baker but it will be all machined metal with the bottom part being anodised red, and it will be spring working like the baker, :) then may be later on if all goes well do the sound one to?
Russ

That's cool, but I am interested in the McGann sonic from the TVM and NOTD, will that also be available?

Russ

You know I'm in. :) They will have the led correct?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Hi there no light or sound will be just like the baker spring loaded will have the led .
I will get a thread up in the next few days

Russ

Hi guys just to let you know I have the thread up in the Junkyard.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links, thanks.

Question based on your prototype images...

On your prototype the length of the bullet when the top handle part is fully extended looks good ... Will the final bullet have the groove detailing along its entire length as on the Baker toy, and the thinner neck/rod that is just visible when the top handle is fully retracted?

You mentioned that the LED is included, but will there be space down the neck/rod (tube?) for the LED wires so that we may add our own power source?

Russ
You've just made it Xmas all over again! Thanks.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back