Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Interesting take on the wall shown in the thumbnail. The movies have two different depictions of that area (just a wall in ANH, and an inset bunk in the sequel trilogy), but it makes sense that there should be some way to utilize the empty space behind it.

all that's there in the real set, it's just very dimly seen.

Falcon ESB MedBayRef004.JPG.jpg

Capture.PNG

I'm virtually certain that the object with the round hole in it is the underside of a car hood. I found lots of examples with a round cutout like that for a carburetor or something, but none exactly right. Something like this though:

1582559021955.png

but that's the only image I've seen of it, most of the shots I think the space is open to accommodate the camera

kwXXcapN.jpg
SnUGBh1X.jpg

I have a secret bonus area behind all that junk. You can't really see it in the video, except for partially for a second, but behind all the barrels and the car-hood object, there's an entire room I built to match the unused maquette of the area, mocked up for ESB. Complete with bunks and consoles.

1582559179920.png

1582559776678.png

Last edited:
Nice!
Perfect representation of the ESB take, then, and sneaking in the bonus area is, well, a bonus! (y)
There's either a glimpse in ANH of the area, or I've seen behind the scenes stills, I don't remember. Doesn't matter. That version is pretty boring anyway. :)

Last edited:
thanks everyone!

here's another small update, working on bringing my cockpit in-line with the rest of my new photomatched interior. So far I've been able to pull in old models of the cockpit, move a few bits around, add a few bits I missed. One thing I'm seeing is that when I compare it the force awakens sets, which are basically ESB with tweaks, they really, REALLY, did their homework. Whatever else you could say about those movies, they really did the Falcon right in a way that's frankly amazing (imagine what could've been... imagine a fully redesigned Falcon-- Star Trek 2009 style. *DEEP SHUDDER OF HORROR*)

01.PNG

02.PNG

03.PNG

So down the road from my office there's this new strange-looking building. It replaces a great big air vent for the London Underground, formerly the old City Road station.

It’s now a huge heat exchanger, using warmth from the tube for heating nearby buildings. Pretty cool.

And the colours and arrangements of the side of the building reminds me of Harry Lange's control panels for the Millennium Falcon...

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 21.41.33.png

Last edited:
So down the road from my office there's this new strange-looking building. It replaces a great big air vent for the London Underground, formerly the old City Road station.

It’s now a huge heat exchanger, using warmth from the tube for heating nearby buildings. Pretty cool.

And the colours and arrangements of the side of the building reminds me of Harry Lange's control panels for the Millennium Falcon...

So they do. And small world. My last two companies were within a few metres of there (Wharf Road, and Bath Street).

Hi Steve,

I'm a recent member, but occasional lurker and follower of this thread and your blog. I have to say, I'm in absolute awe of your work. It's inspiring!

I've been trying to get my head around the falcon layout on-and-off since playing the Star Wars role playing game many years ago. (omg 30 years ago :D )

You've posted some renders of the interior in light of the changes for the Solo movie and Ep VII and I wondered if you'd seen this floor plan on Wookieepedia (Millennium Falcon). They've stuck with the offset corridor and added a hidden hatch to get around the problem accessing the forward escape pod between the mandibles.

Solo era Falcon

I'm posting it here just as a point of interest, not as any kind of critique. The floor plan still doesn't seem to match screen caps from Solo.

Another layer of mystery to the ship of riddles...

Dave

Hi Steve,

I'm a recent member, but occasional lurker and follower of this thread and your blog. I have to say, I'm in absolute awe of your work. It's inspiring!

I've been trying to get my head around the falcon layout on-and-off since playing the Star Wars role playing game many years ago. (omg 30 years ago :D )

You've posted some renders of the interior in light of the changes for the Solo movie and Ep VII and I wondered if you'd seen this floor plan on Wookieepedia (Millennium Falcon). They've stuck with the offset corridor and added a hidden hatch to get around the problem accessing the forward escape pod between the mandibles.

Solo era Falcon

I'm posting it here just as a point of interest, not as any kind of critique. The floor plan still doesn't seem to match screen caps from Solo.

Another layer of mystery to the ship of riddles...

Dave
took me a while to see this. I agree the cut away for Solo era has a different layout than shown in the movie. Some time ago I did a layout of what the movie set probably actually contained (which I think you probably saw)

1608660142656.png

but of course, considering this overlay I did even longer ago, this layout would be bursting out of the port side of the ship even worse than before.

1608660644732.png

over all I think what they did is pretty reasonable considering what they've already established as canon, and what kind of limitations there are in the long saga of the ship of riddles...

Attachments

• 1608660657832.png
    1608660657832.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
for me I'm just still mad they keep including these ridiculous rooms in front of the big pipe at the forward end of the main hold. Whoever first put those in a cross section ought get a spankin...

1608660944205.png

just... No. stop it. There's a 4 foot wide tube you're saying a door goes through, and that's also the narrowest edge of the saucer section you're putting rooms in.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back