Sam from Trick 'r Treat

regarding the thick seam along the middle, did you just fold it over a few times before sewing to give it that thick ridge like it should have? And did you separate the mouth area a bit by pulling out some threads or cutting it? looks great!

Oh and most globes just happen to be 12 inches... :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the screen caps Rabbit .. perhaps you could just put it in a separate thread and name it Trick r' Treat Sam caps and link to it here .. that'd be easier and more accessible for people looking for refs that won't necessarily come here!

Kylash .. what I did is I left about 1 1/2" extra all around when I skinned the second half .. I then cut an extra strip of burlap around 2" wide, then folded it 3 times over itself, which I then glued on the head directly on the middle vertical line going all the way around the head. I used the extra 1 1/2" left on the head to wrap around the strip than I sew over it.

Don't even try to fold extra material over the middle .. that material is so wavy from the shape that you won't be able to do this. Although my seam is thick, perhaps a 2 layers instead of 3 would have given a little better result. Still, I'm pretty happy with the final outcome ...

For the mouth, I had already glued everything on the head before doing the mouth. I suggest cutting the mouth directly on your sphere like I did (I ended up having no separation in the mouth so it's completely cut open on my current head. I then cut it up by segment with scisors .. not completely though .. I left some line that go through from upper lip to lower lip. I found doing this after everything else .. just before the stitching was pretty easy and I could always stand back, look at it, and add more where I felt I needed to... Very happy with the result .. I need to weather the whole head a little now ...

I'll have better pics of the final result soon...

I agree on painting the head black. On my little project, the head was a stuffed, green felt, and you could see the bright green through the burlap.

just for laughs, heres the licensed version.

rub_68159_caaa.jpg

I'm done!

I didn't do the patches .. not sure what it was supposed to be exactly .. also didn't put the elastic at the sleeves and the feet are not accurate in their design .. but hey .. I'm pretty happy with the end result!!!

Hopefully, it'll look better on me as my mannequin is quite thin and really fashionned in its pose!

Cheers, and thanks to everyone who commented and helped!

118874572.jpg
118874575.jpg
118874577.jpg
118874580.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Add the patches though. Just some squares of burlap. Heck you could just pin or tape them on in five minutes.

Inspiring job!

Thanks Rob,
Were the patches really burlap? They look so yellow in some shots .. Perhaps I could just put a couple drops of hot glue and fix them! Mmm

You did a brilliant job!, well done
I did post mine but i'll move it, didn't mean to hijack your thread, i think your method of doing the head is better to, may change it out

Last edited:
Thanks Moo!!

I currently have both hands in my Trick R Treat Jack O Lantern .. will post pics as it's too cool of a design! ;)

anything new?

I picked up the latex mask at Halloween Express for 50% off on the 1st, so $25 total. Its worth about that much for the latex mask, its ok. Ill post some pics later.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back